Arcadia Cruise Review by kentquilter: Arcadia to the Baltic

Arcadia to the Baltic

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Other

Just returned form 14 day cruise to Baltic on board Arcadia. Having read previous negative reviews I was a little apprehensive especially as two first time cruisers were accompanying us.I need not have worried.The cruise was most enjoyable with no real problems.
Previous ships cruised on are Aurora, Oriana and Oceana.
I'll limit my eview to comparing Arcadia with Aurora.

Check-in - best yet. Quick. Efficient. On board within 25 miniutes from first driving up to port.

Arcadia - Adult only - bliss. No children playing in the lifts and generally running around unsupervised.I like children but also like their parents to be with them, not me.

Cabins - Arcadia superior - loved the glass fronted balcony, more hanging space and room for cases under bed.

Public areas , shops, library etc - Aurora better - Arcadia very squashed and limited space. Cinema unable to cope with numbers.

Food - I think probably food is not as good generally as it was a More few years ago but it was fine. One tough steak but the one in Marco Pierre White melted in the mouth.

Staff - delightful. Couldn't be more helpful on both ships.

Laundrette - far too small on Arcadia but is this really an issue?

Would I go on Arcadia again - most definitely, without a second thought.

I would also recommend ALLA TOURS in St Petersburg. We had a fantastic, lets go to the front of the queue, two days. Saw all the sights in a group of 4 with our own guide. Cost about £220 each but P&O charge that for one morning in a group of 4.You don't pay a penny till the second morning and usually remain ahead of the crowds. Less

Published 09/09/12

Read more Arcadia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Arcadia Review >>

Compare Prices on Arcadia Baltic Sea Cruises

Cabin review: DF Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower

Good size. Lots of hanging space and hangers. Cases fit under bed.Super glass fronted balcony. Well insulated. Quiet. Comfy bed. Decor and fittings a little tired - need a facelift. Helpful, attentive steward with a good sense of humour.

Read All Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower (DF) Reviews >>

Again we did our own thing. Easy to find your way around although Tivoli Gardens entrance takes a bit of finding.

Can easily plan your own tour here. A lovely city. We walked extensively to include the Olympic Tower-great views- and gardens with monument to Sibelius in addition to the usual attractions.
Read 478 Helsinki Reviews

Each time we've visited its rained with rather spoils things. The park with the sculptures well worth a visit. Had our only organised trip here, just a morning, and were pleased we did.
Read 202 Oslo Reviews

City Tour

FANTASTIC. Car and guide in our own group of 4.Agreed our programme on-line before we left UK.Thought it was expensive till we realised exactly what we were getting and the comparative price of P & O. English speaking guide who didn't believe in queuing. As we were off the ship early we remained ahead of the crowds all day. DAY ! 8.00 City Tour by river.Auror.Coffee. Canal trip round St Petersburg. Coffee. Hydofoil to Peterhof. Lunch. Catherine Palace. DAY 2 8.00 Payment. Shopping. Hermitage-early entry. Lunch-Russian. Church of Spilt Blood. Peter and Paul Fortress and Church. They organise everything, all paper work. All worked like clockwork.

Take the Hop on hop off boat.They accept Euros.

Easy to find your own way around.

Compare Prices on Arcadia Baltic Sea Cruises

kentquilter
Member Since 2011
5 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X