Arcadia Cruise Review by kentquilter

Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: DF
See More About: Arcadia Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Arcadia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Arcadia Deck Plans
Arcadia to the Baltic
Just returned form 14 day cruise to Baltic on board Arcadia. Having read previous negative reviews I was a little apprehensive especially as two first time cruisers were accompanying us.I need not have worried.The cruise was most enjoyable with no real problems.

Previous ships cruised on are Aurora, Oriana and Oceana.

I'll limit my eview to comparing Arcadia with Aurora.

Check-in - best yet. Quick. Efficient. On board within 25 miniutes from first driving up to port.

Arcadia - Adult only - bliss. No children playing in the lifts and generally running around unsupervised.I like children but also like their parents to be with them, not me.

Cabins - Arcadia superior - loved the glass fronted balcony, more hanging space and room for cases under bed.

Public areas , shops, library etc - Aurora better - Arcadia very squashed and limited space. Cinema unable to cope with numbers.

Food - I think probably food is not as good generally as it was a few years ago but it was fine. One tough steak but the one in Marco Pierre White melted in the mouth.

Staff - delightful. Couldn't be more helpful on both ships.

Laundrette - far too small on Arcadia but is this really an issue?

Would I go on Arcadia again - most definitely, without a second thought.

I would also recommend ALLA TOURS in St Petersburg. We had a fantastic, lets go to the front of the queue, two days. Saw all the sights in a group of 4 with our own guide. Cost about £220 each but P&O charge that for one morning in a group of 4.You don't pay a penny till the second morning and usually remain ahead of the crowds.

Publication Date: 09/09/12