Disney Dream Cruise Review by meccanaje: My son loved Disney!

Disney Dream 5
Member Since 2011
1 Forum Post

Family & Children 5.0

My son loved Disney!

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

I can see why my Uncle has sailed with Disney 10 times, for families this is the best yet. Disney goes all out with entertainment and food. Much better than Carnival and Royal but I still love my Carnival. In fact I am going on 2 Carnival a birthday bash and the other with my 18 year daughter and her sister...she had so much fun on Carnival that she forego Disney, and I am glad she did. My son on the other hand is 11 and hung out at the Edge, and loved every minute of it except when he got bored a few times. My children always make and meet new friends on every cruise we sailed and this one wasn't any different. Yes, I felt awkward at times because I am a single mom but other than that it was nice. The spa was nice and the adult area was a cool setting even though I couldn't understand the parents that brought their children up to an all exclusive adult area. Poor parenting and I say that because Disney Dream is a big ship...come on folks people were allowed to smoke (in More a sectioned off area) so there was no reason to bring your child around that!!!

The food was great and since I am a crab lover..the crabs were seasoned just right. Soon as you got on board the crabs were waiting and I did partake. Lol!!

The excursion at Atlantis was great can't say the same for the hired help...The dolphin Missy was pleasurable to hold and kiss. It was quite an event.

Lastly Castaway Keys is the first beach I swam in and I loved it. Watching the fish swim all around freaked out my son in the beginning but he even had a ball.

I went on this trip with one of my students family. He is Autistic and I am an ABA therapist so it was a pleasure seeing him hold a conversation with me for the first time. I only work with babies from birth to 5 so seeing him have a ball and eating dinner every night with him was one of my highlights. Going on the next Disney cruise with him and his family sailing to Alaska in May 2013.

Disney...Thanks for a pleasurable end of the summer trip!!! Less

Published 09/09/12

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: 8A2512

Great outside deluxe family cabin. Me and my son had separate sleeping quarters and there was enough room for both of us. Loved the fact that the toilet is in separate room from bath. The big window view was beautiful. Next I am definitely getting a balcony!

Loved every minute of this Island.

Atlantis Aquarium

The workers killed this experience for me. Just being truthful!!

Skip X