SuperStar Virgo Cruise Review by boghawala

Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: SuperStar Virgo Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Star Cruises Cruise Deals
        3-6 3.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: SuperStar Virgo Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Experience with SuperStar Virgo
First of all, sorry for being late in writing this review. I will not give a review of how was the SSV, it is wonderful..check the star cruise website. Let me share with you my first ever cruise experience.

Route:3N Singapore-Penang-Phuket-Singapore cruise on Super Star Virgo (SSV).

Cruise style: Family. I went with my wife and my 6 year old son. I am not a drinker nor a gambler. So guys, if you are looking for any feedback on these, sorry.

Cabin: Since this was my first ever cruise, I decided to go for the a better cabin and so I chose BA type cabin on deck 11. I chose deck 11 to get nice sea view and also because it's quit. I chose cabin location such that there is no disturbance from the deck above or below.

Embarkation: Boarding procedure was smooth, priority given to us since we were balcony class.

SSV:

-We went on board to the Grand Piazza and were mesmerised with the ambiance - many people of different nationalities, mostly Chinese, free welcome cocktails and mock tails. Staff kept wandering around us to guide us and for taking our bookings for the various paid shows and activities.

-We had done some homework on the shore excursions offered (as on website), so we went straightaway to book the shore excursions of our choice before the bookings got full.

-We easily managed to find our cabin. After seeing the cabin, we were really happy with our choice. Leaflets of schedule of activities (star navigator) giving all the information of the various programs, timings and locations, and shore excursions were already kept on our bed. We just had to follow this navigator for our choice of programs. So simple! There were plenty of events and activities to keep ourselves busy. In fact we could not get enough time to cover every corner of the ship.

-We went for orientation tour of the ship. Very beautiful ship...u can visit the star cruises website to know more about various facilities on board.

-I was particularly impressed with the Lido theatre. It was a huge theatre with all the hi-tech sound and lighting effects!. However, sitting arrangement was on first-cum-first basis except for Admiral class guests who had separate sitting arrangements.

-My family had a nice leisure time in the Wet n Wild kids' pool and the jacuzzi.

-Child care centre has enough to keep the kids busy, it was payable though.

-There is also a clinic on board and we used this facility as my wife got sick.

-The ship is so stable that we did not even feel that we are on the ship in the middle of the sea. We only felt some vibrations at night due to engines running.

Shows:

-We saw a few shows (Magic show, Spotlight, Somewhere in Time, Nikita, etc) at the Lido and I was impressed with all of them. I dropped my kid at the Child care centre when we went to watch late night shows.

Food and beverages:

-We are pure vegetarians, so we had only two choices - the Mediterranean Buffet and the Taj. We mostly dined at the Mediterranean where there was a separate section for vegetarians. The food was quite good. Moreover, we had got a credit limit of 300 SGD per cabin which can be used at the restaurants or for buying eatables or alcoholic drinks. We used or credit mostly for buying mock tails, juices, ice-creams and snacks.

Shore excursions:

-We went for the city tour on Penang island. Most of it was boring except visit to Thai Buddhist temple and the Khoo dynasty temple.

-Visit to Phuket was a memorable experience as we took on the sea for sea canoeing adventure. We were concerned about my 6 year old as he accompanied us for such an adventure we had never done in our life. But in fact he was the one who enjoyed the most.

Overall:

Our first cruise experience was really great. My family and I would love to go back on board for more fun. I will try to post some photos soon.

Publication Date: 09/08/12