Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by nnjprman: Good Cruise leaving NYC
Overall Member Rating
Good Cruise leaving NYC
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
My partner and I and another couple just came back from Carnival Miracle Cruise that left out of NYC and went to San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, & Grand Turk. Overall, we had a good time. Here are the Pros and Cons to our trip as I saw them.
- Ship was nicely decorated and very clean.
- Our room was very clean and always adequately re-cleaned twice a day.
- Our floor steward was excellent and very helpful, polite, and friendly.
- The food & service at the buffet restaurant and main dining room was satisfactory.
- The Steak House restaurant superseded our expectations in terms of the food and service.
- The cruise director was very entertaining and helpful.
- The new serenity area for adults only in back of the ship was a nice touch for those of us trying to relax and be away from the screaming children; however it was too small to accommodate the over two thousand adult guests. We wished there were more areas like this on More the ship to relax away from the noise. People were arguing for chairs and hammocks. I saw several arguments over chairs and hammocks. When my friend got off one hammock to take a dip in the pool, someone just came and pulled his stuff off and lied down on the hammock with no courtesy for my friend's things.
- The shows were ok but needed better themes. All the shows were bland although singers and dancers did their very best to entertain and some were very talented.
- Leaving out of NYC, I was surprised to see some guests were very low class with their behaviors at the buffet lines and the situation with getting chairs at the adults only serenity area. This is no fault of the cruise line but perhaps the cruise staff could have helped keeping these people in line.
San Juan was beautiful. We didn't book any excursions because we decided to just enjoy Old San Juan. There is so much to do and see there on your own.
St. Thomas was very nice. We didn't take any of the cruise ship excursions there either. Instead, we took a taxi on our own to the capital for some shopping. Also, we took a taxi to the ferry to visit Trunk Bay Beach in St. Johns. It was spectacular with white sand and crytal clear water. One of the best beaches in the world. The driver also took us to some scenic routes for pictures. We did a lot on the virgin islands at a low cost on our own. We did everything for about $50 per person which is a lot less than the ship excursions which did less for double or triple the amount of $$$.
We were a little disappointed with Grand Turk. Not much to do there but we DID the ship excursion POWER SNORKLING which was well worth the money. The coral reefs and fish were amazing. The tour people were great as well. The island itself was a bit disappointing though. It looked very poor and underdeveloped. The port area was nice though with beach, pool, restaurant, and shopping all there near the ship. No excursion really needed on this island. Less
Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>
Great for Teenagers; Didn't li...
Cruising on Freedom of the Sea...
Too Crowded and Disappointing
Oasis of the Seas: Giant Ship...
Fun in the Sun with Limitation...
Three Take Aways
Carnival Miracle 18 June 2016