Carnival Breeze 3

lorimjc
Member Since 2012
2 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This was my first cruise and while I thoroughly enjoyed the concept of cruising, I could not say the same for my time on the Carnival Breeze. I realize this is a 'fun ship' and as such, children will be present. That said, there were far too many children running wild though the corridors, in the Lido Marketplace, by the swimming pool, etc. There was no concept of control placed on the kids by the parents & the ship staff. A fine example of this was witnessed in the Marketplace. A child wanted some ice cream however he was short and couldn't reach. So, he proceeded to stand on the counter and a member of the staff watched him fill up his dish and then lifted him off the counter. After that, he didn't even wipe off the counter!

Our room was quite nice and roomy given that there were four adults in it. We had a cove balcony. Great place to see all the marine life and witness beautiful sunsets. Our stateroom steward left little to be desired though. He was not friendly More at all and we had to call guest services twice because he kept forgetting to refill the soda in the fridge. Something they're supposed to do twice a day. His towel creations were very boring and his cleaning skills left little to be desired. We requested his gratuities be removed from our bill.

Supper was alright most nights. The singing wouldn't have been too bad had it not been so incredibly loud. The wait staff was fantastic and couldn't have asked for better.

Entertainment in the theatre was terrible and there was very little selection. The Hasboro Game show was 'ok' but not something we'd watch over again. The Divas, Latin Nights & the Brits was fine but after you watched those, there was nothing else to entertain you the other evenings. In fact, on the night before sea days, your selection of entertainment was between slim and none.

The 5D theatre was fabulous and we'd highly recommend purchasing an unlimited pass. And the cruise director, Butch....fabulous!!

All this said, given that its the Breeze's inaugural season, I'm optimistic that they will make some changes. After all, it is all about learning what your passengers want. Less

Carnival Breeze Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Published 09/08/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review

Carnival Breeze Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?