Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by tx121: Incredible!

tx121
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Incredible!

Sail Date: August 2012

Like others had said before, the Oasis of the Seas is an amazing ship! I traveled with a group of friends, 9 of us in total, age ranging from late 20s-early 30s. This ship was perfect for our group. There was just so much to do....it was impossible to fit everything in 1 week!
Embarkation was a breeze. It took a total of 20 minutes to go through security, fill in the paperwork and get your sea pass cards.
Room-
A friend and I splurged and had a crown loft suite! These rooms are amazing!! 2 levels and a balcony that overlooks the back of the ship. Our stateroom attendent Juan could not have been better! He was so friendly and it seemed like he was always there to help out.
Entertainment-
Hairspray was amazing--great talent! Both the acting and singing from each cast member was superb! One small critique would be that the girl who played Tracey was just too skinny for the role. She did an awesome job, but if the show is about a girl who is not given a chance More because she was too large, then that is how the role should be casted... Or make the actress wear a fat suit. I'm just nit-picking...overall it is a great show and worth watching!
Come Fly with me was great and had some really cool special effects. The Ice show frozen in time should not be missed! The Comedians were great...very funny without being too over the top. I hate when comedians use too much vulgar language or pick on someone in the audience. These guys knew how to make everyone laugh without being offensive. They had a Beatles Tribute band for the headliner who also did a great job! Other then the shows, they have so much else going on around the ship--so many bars and venues! Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to visit all of them.
Food-
The food was good to excellent. There was so many places to eat! The Park Cafe was a great way to get a quick meal for breakfast and lunch. The roastbeef sandwiches were the highlight! I also recommend the chorizo quesadilla and raspberry swiss rolls!We dined in 4 of the speciality restuarants for dinner. The Oasis offers dining packages at a discounted rate. We chose the Central Park Dining Package which included 3 restaurants-- Giovanni's Table, 150 Central Park and Chop's Steakhouse..all for only $65! Tips are also included in the price. What a bargain! Usually the total for all three restaurants booked separately is $90.
150 Central Park--Just fantastic! The food here is more of an experience of different flavors at the same time. Each course had layers of flavor which teased the palate with each bite. Highly recommend
Chop's Grille-A little disappointed. The appetizers were good. I had the Oysters and Crabcake. The mushroom soup was amazing--defintely recommend it. I ordered the porterhouse steak---this was disappointing. It was seasoned well but it was a little tough. Most of my friends at the table got the filet mignon and they said it was excellent, maybe I got the wrong cut of beef. Oh well! The red velvet cake for dessert was very good!
Giovannis- Be prepared to eat! Everything was served family style for our group. There was so much food---it was impossible for us to finish everything!
We decided to also try Solarium Bistro. It was a more healthier alternative then the other restaurants. It is a hidden gem! It was less crowded then the other restaurants but it had a nice refreshing quality. I recommend the Coconut pumpkin soup and the Bison for an entree. The Bison was soooo good!
We dined at the MDR twice for the formal nights. The food was average cruise fare.
Overall, a great trip! The ship never felt crowded, except when leaving shows or during parades. Royal Caribbean does a great job with the layout of the ships, they know how to spread people out and not cluster. If you are going with a group of friends, this ship is the perfect venue. There was so much for us to do together and separately. Happy Cruising! Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>