“Not impressed by staff/ wasn't sure who the CD was”
Cruise review of Carnival Elation

toribug Carnival Elation 4 Not impressed by staff/ wasn't sure who the CD was
toribug
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Our cruise was delayed by Issac and 4 nights turned into 3. The whole delay thing was a mess. We didn't get onto the ship till well after 6pm. They did give free drinks as we got on since we wiated so long. And the staff was waiting for everyone to pile into the dining rooms with all their stuff. Our muster drill didn't start till after 10:30pm. Once the rooms were open we headed to our rooms and our long night just got longer. We had 2 cabins for 6 people. Once of the cabins had a huge fan going because there was a water leak and the room smelled like mildew. So my husband piled all the boys stuff in the girls room and headed to guest services to another line. We had to wait over 2 hrs for another room. The staff knew NO ONE could stay in that room and they should have upgraded us before we got on the ship. Guest services had to call down and find out what we were talking about. We were booked for aft and were moved foward. You could hear the shows going on in thses rooms at times. I really think this could have been handled better. We even got somone else VIP stuff under our door so who knows what was under our old cabin door. Our room had no goodies in the bathroom, we only got candy left for us once and no pen at the end of the cruise. I never saw our cabin steward once. It's the little things you miss after you have been on a few great cruises and the stwards know your first name. Who knows how long its been since the bathroom mirror was cleaned because when I got out of the shower "F_ _K Y_U" on written in the foggy morror. The show was so-so. Not as good as vegas, maybe more like something you see at Six Flags or Kings Island. There is no music at the pool till noon, we were always out by 9am for some R&R. It would be nice to hear music earlier. We had wee-Jimmy as our cruise director last April and he was great. Not sure who the CD was on this cruise. My 14yr old had a blast with the teen club. My mom loved it as did my daughter and her boyfriend. It was a first cruise for all of them so they had nothing to compare it too. If you have been on the newer ships I would say this is not the ship for you. It is an older ship that needs a good overhaul. After everything we did have a good time and I cant wait to book again but we will try another Carnival ship. Maybe next year if we choose NOLA we will try thr Subshine since it will be new.
Carnival Elation Cruises to Nowhere
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

E036
E028 and E036 you can, at times hear the shows going on so if you go to bed early you may not want these cabins. You can have 4 people as their are 2 pulldown.
Published 09/07/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Elation Review
Carnival Elation Cruises to Nowhere
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?