Marina Cruise Review by charles6346: Baltic Treasures

Baltic Treasures

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Stockholm

My wife and I have been on four Oceania cruises on the smaller ships. My first impression of the Marina was that this is a large floating Vegas hotel. I learned to love the ship as the cruise progressed.

The embarkation was efficient. We arrived at noon and we were having lunch at 12:30 PM. Our room wasn't ready until 3 PM. There is a class system on this ship. People in higher category rooms have their rooms prepared first. They also get first choice of restaurant reservations.

The layout of the Marina is very similar to the smaller ships. Oceania has tried to keep most things the same as on the smaller ships. The food is very good and in most cases excellent. I had an excellent fillet in Polo, an excellent osso buco in Tuscana and an excellent meso seared sea bass in Red Ginger. The service is very good. The beds are great.

Oceania has corrected some of the problems with the smaller ships. The bathrooms are bigger and better. I liked having four specialty More restaurants. The elevators are great. The lounge is much better. The entertainment is better but don't expect much.

I didn't take any of the ships excursions. They were very expensive. I booked a 2 day deluxe tour of Saint Petersburg with SPb tours. I was very happy with their tour which was very reasonably priced. The ship provided a shuttle service in Helsinki and Tallin. The port provided a shuttle in Gdynia. We got a taxis in Gdynia and saw Gdansk and the Stutthof concentration camp. We walked off the ship tp see Riga, Ronne and Warnemunde. We missed the stop at Visby. The sea was too rough for safe tender operations.The internet seemed expensive.
There was a long wait for a taxis in Copenhagen.
My only major disappointment was the weather. It was far colder and wetter than I had expected. We had several cloudy days and a full day of rain in Saint Petersburg. Less

Read more Marina cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Marina Review >>

Cabin review: Marina Deluxe Oceanview Deck Seven 7073

good location mid way between the elevators. It was easy to walk down to the Grand Dinning Room or to reception.

Lots to see. We took the S-train to the Carlsberg Brewery. The self guide tour was excellent as was the beer. We went to the Ice Bar which was unique and fun.

We took a Taxis and walked around. We then took the taxis to the Stutthof concentration camp.
Read 41 Gdansk Reviews

We walked from the shuttle stop to the Senate Square. We saw the Lutheran cathedral and walked to the Russian Cathedral. We walked through the Market square and got a Taxis to the Sibelius Park. The taxis waited as I took pictures. We continued on to the Rock Church. We walked back to the shuttle stop.
Read 335 Helsinki Reviews

(4)
We walked around. This city is flat and easier to walk around then Tallinn.
Read 26 Riga Reviews

We walked around and then took the train to Rostock.

Stockholmn is a beautiful city built on several islands. We visited Millesgarden, a world class sculpture garden. We saw the Nobel Museum. The English tour was excellent. We toured the Royal Apartments and watched the changing of the guards.

Nice city. We walked around.
Read 351 Tallinn Reviews