Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Carol Pack: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) - Trans-Atlantic

Carol Pack
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Transatlantic Cruises

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) - Trans-Atlantic

Sail Date: April 2005
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I just went on my first cruise ever -- on the QM2 -- and it was perfect. We originally booked a B3 room 6161 at an excellent rate, but asked about upgrades when we got onboard. The Purser's office told us they would let us know if something was available, and the next morning called us to say we could have a Jr. Suite upgrade (room only) for $1,000. , or we could upgrade completely with both a Jr. Suite and the Princess Grill for $1,500. for two people. We chose to upgrade our room only because we had already had dinner and breakfast in the Britannia Room and had loved it AND our table-mates. The Jr. Suites have a bathtub and a walk-in closet, and a bowl of fresh fruit that's replenished daily.

Even though it was an April Cruise with high wind the first couple of day, the seas were relatively calm and we barely felt the ship rocking. I had a few spa services in the Canyon Ranch Spa, saw some shows in the Royal Court theater and attended on show in Illuminations -- the More planetarium. We had tea in the Queen's Room; attended RADA acting lessons; took two-mile walks on deck 7 (3 times around = 1.1 miles) and used the gym on windy days. And while we brought our own laptop, we found it easier to use one of the many computers in Connections to check and send our email (which can also be done on the interactive tv in your cabin). I've never been on any other ship -- so I don't know how our cruise stacks up against others -- but like I said in my first sentence -- it was perfect. Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>