Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Lilu12323: Fabulous first time on Celebrity!

Lilu12323
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Alaska Cruises

Fabulous first time on Celebrity!

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

I've cruised on RCCL and Carnival, and have generally enjoyed my time cruising. However, after my Celebrity experience, it will be hard for me to book any other line for 7 day cruises that Celebrity also offers. Truly, the one thing that disappoints me is that Celebrity doesn't offer more 7 day itineraries, especially in the European market. But I digress...

Contrary to some reviews, boarding in Seattle went seamlessly. Soon, we were onboard, being greeted with servers bearing trays of champagne and mimosas. An auspicious start, I thought. And that level of attention to detail, luxurious little extras, and some of the friendliest, warmest crew I've ever had the pleasure to meet... it really "made" the trip.

Infinity has been recently "Solsicized", so the interior was very new and in excellent condition. The elegant lighting and understated decor, including lots of warm woods and leathers, reminded you were on a luxury liner and not at a "carnival". Many lovely lounges More to pull up a seat near a window. Every evening, there was a variety of entertainment in the various lounges, including a really good chamber quartet. The Martini Bar was definitely a hotspot every evening, with the mixologists using extra flair to entertain the crowd.

The interior cabin was very nice, the bed was comfortable, and there was no problem with the service. We brought aboard a case of our favorite drinking water and a 12-pack of our favorite soda (neither of which were offered onboard) by slapping luggage tags on them; they were cheerfully delivered to our stateroom. Ice service and room prep was taken care of every day, and so unobtrusively that our privacy was never disturbed. Our stateroom attendant knew our dining schedule better than we did, even the specialty restaurant reservations.

Speaking of specialty restaurants, we tried Qsine, Bistro on Five, and SS United States for my husband's 40th birthday celebration. For Qsine and SS United States, make sure you arrive exceedingly hungry. SS United States is the typical luxury experience, but Qsine is just plain fun! In addition to ordering on iPads, the multi-ethnic small plates are served in the most whimsical fashion. You can easily spend two to three hours in there, working your way through the menu. If I were only able to try one, it would be Qsine, because you probably won't find the concept anywhere on land.

We had Celebrity Select dining, but we made reservations, so we were always seated promptly in the main dining room, and we always got an intimate table for two. Buffet food was average to good, especially good were the afternoon snacks: sushi bar (w/good sushi), pizza, salads, desserts, and ice cream bar.

Outdoors, there were plentiful deck chairs of many varieties, including daybeds, wooden lounges, and the typical strappy lounge chairs. Towels and blankets were available. In the solarium, children were not allowed in the hot pools or thalassotherapy pool except for two hours, and that rule was enforced. Spa facilities were spotlessly clean.

Entertainment was above par, with a great production show cast and a really good magician. The cast also showed up at the interactive theme parties in the Constellation lounge. Do not miss these interactive theme parties, they're a blast! Best was the naturalist onboard, Brent Nixon. His shows were educational, fun, and memorable.

I could go on ad nauseum, but you should really try it for yourself. We had a fabulous time, absolutely no problems at all. I'd do it again in a heartbeat! Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity Inside Stateroom Plaza Deck (3) 3120

3120 was located behind the guest relations desk. Very quiet, yet easy access to central elevators and staircase. Very convenient location.

Whale Watching

(5.5)
Saw tons of humpback whales. Smaller boat, 16 people. Knowledgeable operators, very safe. The celebrity naturalist was actually aboard the non-celebrity tour. Saved fifty bucks.

Plenty of private tour operators are waiting for you on shore. Most offer ship return guarantees, and most are cheaper (and often smaller and more personalized tours) than what the cruise line offers. The selection is sometimes more extensive, too.

White Pass Scenic Railway

(5.5)
Sit on left side of train going up. Better photo ops because train travels slower uphill. Bundle up, it's cold up there. Don't bother booking privately, you only save $5.

High Tea at the Empress Hotel

(5.5)
Save a bundle, take the shuttle to town and get your own high tea at the Empress. Then walk into town and enjoy one of the several Irish and Scottish pubs, many with live music.