Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by Lilu12323

Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 10
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Fabulous first time on Celebrity!
I've cruised on RCCL and Carnival, and have generally enjoyed my time cruising. However, after my Celebrity experience, it will be hard for me to book any other line for 7 day cruises that Celebrity also offers. Truly, the one thing that disappoints me is that Celebrity doesn't offer more 7 day itineraries, especially in the European market. But I digress...

Contrary to some reviews, boarding in Seattle went seamlessly. Soon, we were onboard, being greeted with servers bearing trays of champagne and mimosas. An auspicious start, I thought. And that level of attention to detail, luxurious little extras, and some of the friendliest, warmest crew I've ever had the pleasure to meet... it really "made" the trip.

Infinity has been recently "Solsicized", so the interior was very new and in excellent condition. The elegant lighting and understated decor, including lots of warm woods and leathers, reminded you were on a luxury liner and not at a "carnival". Many lovely lounges to pull up a seat near a window. Every evening, there was a variety of entertainment in the various lounges, including a really good chamber quartet. The Martini Bar was definitely a hotspot every evening, with the mixologists using extra flair to entertain the crowd.

The interior cabin was very nice, the bed was comfortable, and there was no problem with the service. We brought aboard a case of our favorite drinking water and a 12-pack of our favorite soda (neither of which were offered onboard) by slapping luggage tags on them; they were cheerfully delivered to our stateroom. Ice service and room prep was taken care of every day, and so unobtrusively that our privacy was never disturbed. Our stateroom attendant knew our dining schedule better than we did, even the specialty restaurant reservations.

Speaking of specialty restaurants, we tried Qsine, Bistro on Five, and SS United States for my husband's 40th birthday celebration. For Qsine and SS United States, make sure you arrive exceedingly hungry. SS United States is the typical luxury experience, but Qsine is just plain fun! In addition to ordering on iPads, the multi-ethnic small plates are served in the most whimsical fashion. You can easily spend two to three hours in there, working your way through the menu. If I were only able to try one, it would be Qsine, because you probably won't find the concept anywhere on land.

We had Celebrity Select dining, but we made reservations, so we were always seated promptly in the main dining room, and we always got an intimate table for two. Buffet food was average to good, especially good were the afternoon snacks: sushi bar (w/good sushi), pizza, salads, desserts, and ice cream bar.

Outdoors, there were plentiful deck chairs of many varieties, including daybeds, wooden lounges, and the typical strappy lounge chairs. Towels and blankets were available. In the solarium, children were not allowed in the hot pools or thalassotherapy pool except for two hours, and that rule was enforced. Spa facilities were spotlessly clean.

Entertainment was above par, with a great production show cast and a really good magician. The cast also showed up at the interactive theme parties in the Constellation lounge. Do not miss these interactive theme parties, they're a blast! Best was the naturalist onboard, Brent Nixon. His shows were educational, fun, and memorable.

I could go on ad nauseum, but you should really try it for yourself. We had a fabulous time, absolutely no problems at all. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Publication Date: 09/05/12