Avalon Affinity Cruise Review by gckeicher: Pure Class

Pure Class

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Other

After reading some of the reviews for Avalon River cruises, my husband and I just hoped we were not throwing money away! What a pleasant surprise The Avalon Affinity was!
The stateroom was small but most of the staterooms are small compared to our own bedrooms. We had a French balcony and the storage in the stateroom was great! The bathroom was small but the glass doors on the shower made up for the size! How nice not to have a shower curtain flapping at your legs! We were close to the upper lounge so my first chore of the day was to get coffee for us out of the machine located in the lounge. It wasn't room service but it was nice to have while getting dressed. Also available in the upper lounge was cookies, fruit, hot water, tea and ice.
Breakfast and lunch were buffets. At breakfast there was always a 'egg man' to cook what you wished each morning. Lunch always was different and a pasta was always available along with ice cream! Dinners were wonderful and made to More order thus sometimes it took a while to receive your entree. There were always 3 entrees to choose from, 2 soups and several deserts.
We ran into some problems with the cruise due to low water levels and bridge closers but out TOUR DIRECTOR, Sylvia made the trip even better as we had extra tours with lunch to make up for the slow travel on the rivers. Sylvia was the best and truly made our trip the best.We did have to give up the optional excursions in Amsterdam but she made sure we had a great day anyway.
The weather was HOT for the first 8 days then Germany became what I had always remembered from the late 60's, cloudy and pleasant with rain in Amsterdam.
I would with out hesitation recommend the Avalon Affinity to my friends and neighbors. Less

Read more Avalon Affinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Avalon Affinity Review >>

Cabin review: Avalon Affinity Category P Royal Deck 326

The large windows were great for viewing but the sun was hot and made the room hot.