Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by CruzAgn: Love 2 Cruise... Maybe a Little Longer Next Time...

CruzAgn
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Love 2 Cruise... Maybe a Little Longer Next Time...

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Bahamas

My husband and I wanted to get away for the first time since having our baby - she's 2 now. So, we were looking for a combo of peace, quiet, and sleep with some fun and dancing thrown in. Had a blast! But... the public areas had rap-techno-booty-music blaring. Which is kind of like chewing on aluminum foil for me. Having said that, the crowd on the boat was a definite party set.
Gals were scantily clothed with teeny tiny bathing suits at the pool and strapless, skintight, micro-mini dresses. And while some women can pull that off, most (99.9%) can't. Lots of drinking, yelling, f-bombs, the guy next to me during our muster drill just couldn't stop grabbing himself. Lovely, right? Have another beer.
The crew was outstanding with one exception over a miscommunication. Just ONE incident but it left an impression as the crew member got nasty (and the passenger was in the right!) - haven't ever seen that before, everybody else did their best to please.
Staff in the More spa was out of this world. I told the massage therapist that if the ship's alarm system sounded, I couldn't have moved. She had me THAT relaxed. Ahhhh... Bliss.
Food was great. Not the best but really good and I didn't cook it or clean it up so I was happy. Desserts were sinful - all of them fantastic. LOVED the portions served in the dining room by the way. They were NORMAL sized portions. We went to the Windjammer one night and I can't believe how much food people pile up on their plates then can't eat it!! What a waste!!
Activities were plentiful and diverse. Loved the rock climbing wall, husband loved the gym, the magician was cute and hilarious and we were delighted with him.
The Centrum shops had tables set up selling jewelry and the like - what a bunch of JUNK. And with hard rock playing in the background while you shop. It was so bizarre to me... like RCCL perused a swap shop, filled some paper bags with tacky costume jewelry then dumped it out for passengers to pick through. Then played hard rock music? Again... bizarre.
Our room was outside with a window, deck 6. We did hear joggers above but they weren't up there late at night. The room was teeny tiny. No problem for 3-4 nights, but longer than that I'd probably book something bigger. Our room steward did his best to please and respected our privacy.
One last note - the ship was SOOOO blasted cold!!! Is this something new? Maybe once the dancing starts at night it gets warmer but sheesh - I was chilly most of the time.
Embarkation was a breeze... Disembarked in 15 minutes!!! Smoothest ever!!!
Overall a great cruise. I'm of the opinion that there's no such thing as a bad cruise. Things happen, people are people, but we had a great time!! Probably wouldn't do it again but would look for something with a less party feel and more relaxing. Happy cruising!!! Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 5 6020

Our room was outside with a window, deck 6. I'm a light sleeper. Having said that... we did hear joggers above on deck 7 but they weren't up there late at night so we slept well. Didn't hear the anchor. The room was teeny tiny. No problem for 3-4 nights, but longer than that I'd probably book something bigger. If one of us was at the closet, the other couldn't open the bathroom door. After 10 years of marriage, we'll leave the door open and laugh about it but for others who prefer their privacy you may feel a bit squished. Had plenty of storage space for so small a space - that was impressive.

Didn't get off the boat but heard great things about the island and activities and food!
Read 223 CocoCay Reviews

I always love Nassau and the straw market. Vendors are varied - I usually find one who is polite and helpful (not so pressuring) and do all my business there. Had a great time.
Read 2615 Nassau Reviews