Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by mohawk42

Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: OK

Disappointed again!!!
In June of 2008, along with other family members, I took a cruise on NCL's Majesty to Bermuda. The ventilation ducts in our cabin were very noisy from the time we arrived until the time we disembarked, complaining got us nowhere. At the elevator bank/ stairwell closest to our cabins (on deck 6), was a terrible odor of raw sewage, which was present the entire length of the cruise. At the poolside bar where our grandchildren went for sodas, they were regularly ignored until the adults there had been served. I said I would never sail with NCL again.

In June of this year,I gave in to other family members and agreed to try again, BIG MISTAKE. NCL ships now dock at "Kings Wharf" in Bermuda, it's the middle of nowhere. One has to walk about 1/2 mile to the bus stop and ferry dock. NCL will tell you they have a "train" type thing that will transport you back and forth, good luck with that. I saw it twice in three days, it carries about 30 folks and services two ships carrying a total of about 3 to 4 thousand passengers, do the math.

The closest popular beach is about 1/2 hour ride from the ship, they PACK the buses. FOOD: The buffet is not at all good (breakfast is decent), meals in main dining room area mediocre at best. Wait staff however are very nice.What bothered me the most was the men's room just outside of the buffet area, necessity took me there a number of times. The toilet bowls were stained and the floor around them was wet with what had to be urine. Nice that people stepped in this and then walked back through a dining area, not very sanitary and explains why there have been breakouts of illness on some cruise lines. The men's room on the pool deck, near the ice cream dispensing area, was pretty much the same, ignored and disgusting. If the ship is underway and the sun is out, good luck trying to get a deck chair and a spot in the sun.The pool deck and the deck above it were elbow to elbow with folks.

CASINO: Bring your oxygen bottle, place smells like a dirty ashtray, poor ventilation. Gaming table coverings (cloth tops) are worn and dirty. Have never seen such a dingy casino on a cruise ship.

Prior to disembarking, my account was paid in full using my credit card, the bill matched my charge slips to the penny. Several days later they attempted to place additional charges on my credit card, I refused to pay them. Suggest you check your bill closely and do save your signed charge slips.

We have sailed with a number of cruise lines, in my opinion, NCL is the worst. Aside from the crew staff, I don't have anything good to say about my cruise on the Dawn to Bermuda this past June,or on NCL in general. NEVER AGAIN.

Publication Date: 09/04/12