Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by irish_scouter: Carnival Destiny

irish_scouter
Member Since 2005

Carnival Destiny

Sail Date: August 2012

This was our second and third trip on Destiny as we did a Back 2 Back Last time was 2010 where we had a Aft Balcony. During the summer, we know that we like side balconies a lot more. My D/W and I are both platinum members on Carnival and we loved the extra bennies.
(Aug 20 to Aug 25) Great cruise, great staff and our Cruise Director (Noonan) was the best. We did have a problem at HMC as one of the tenders broke down and the wife and I decided to stay on board.
(Aug 25 - 30) A nice cruise, really enjoyed Ochoa Rio. We did missed the stop at Grand Caymans, but as others have said, Mother Nature just did not cooperate. The weather was bad so tendering was out at this port. Nothing the crew could do about it-- many passengers seemed to blame them for the NO stop, but we loved that they put safety first. What can I say about Jamaica...Loved it. Every two years we invite family and friends along on our Biennial cruise and the next one will visit the Caymans and Jamaica. Cannot More wait to get back and visit Mystic Mountain. Dunn River Falls on the other hand....been there, got the T-Shirt.
The ship is an older ship and did show some wear and tear, but she was very clean and is bound for a long overhaul. She will go in as the Destiny and come out as the Sunshine. We did pick up some extra items with Destiny logo.
We always make a point to get the Internet so we can keep up to date on what is going on with family and friends. Set up was easy and worked like a dream, even had access with my I Pad. It was nice that we could use it anywhere on the ship a really good setup.
We are planning to go on the Sunshine after she is home ported in NOLA. Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Destiny Balcony Empress 7238

Good size closets, great balcony, quiet location"