Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by simplyme: Disappointing!
Member Since 2004
Compare Prices on Queen Elizabeth Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises
Please be aware that you are no longer truly sailing with Cunard. You are sailing a slightly upgraded version of Carnival.
(Granted I am picky but there were so many fails it would not be fair to not warn others.)
1. Tours- are like selling time share. You are directed to "friends" shops and restaurants. They do not make you aware that access to all ports is easy and an 1/8th of the price as the "on your own" tours.
2. Huge caste system, something one usually is aware of among crew. Here it is evident even in passenger treatment as well.
3. While they proudly frame their policies, the head purser Jonathan is condescending to the the point of exasperation. (Perhaps because his siblings and their families were traveling) but I suspect his tolerance of, and appreciation for his passengers has long since passed.
4. A gift I had ordered to be presented to my son upon boarding, was not available until 4 days into the cruise. While the pursers staff did the best they More could, the "American" component and "British" office have very limited communication.
5. Please be aware that you are able to bring wine on board. The Cunard line wines are mediocre at best and can cost $14 a glass plus 15% gratuity.
6. There is very little entertainment offered on board. Please bring books etc. and don't rely on activities. Most of which are an added expense. The computer and water color classes are lovely ideas.
7. Food is mediocre at best , although the waiters and assistants do their best. ( Kudos to Dave, Grego and Sasha)
8. Lido simply rearranges left overs day after day. Specialty restaurant was "experimenting" with pigeon.
9. Photographers will take , sometimes not appropriately, pics of your minors without permission and display them. Another thing Jonathan was not motivated to address until a lawsuit was threatened. ( Not by me.)
Most passangers I met were loyal Cunard customers, none said they would sail the Queen Elizabeth again. They may count me among them. Less
Read more Queen Elizabeth cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Elizabeth Review >>
Cabin review: Queen Elizabeth Oceanview - Obstructed View Deck 4 4063
We were told we would have a window and would very likely be upgraded. We received an obstructed window. Be aware that if your curtains are open, workman can and do appear without warning. TINY cabin.
Certainly met my expectations
From Venice to Venice with the...
Easiest Fly Cruise ever