Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Live_well: Average experience

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Average experience

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Bahamas

As a first time cruiser I expected much more. I am glad I tried a 3 night version. I am not sure I ever want to go for an entire week ever!!

Cons:
-Food is plentiful but not exceptional. The restaurant appears classy but the food is average. After the second day I was ready for land.
-YOU HAVE to go through the casino to go the theater/stage. The smoke filled place is not my cup of tea yet we had to enter and exit through there many a time.
-The cabin rooms are TINY !! Everyone says you aren't supposed to be there but be on the ship. But we did come many a time to the room to change, to shower, to rest.
-There is a charge for classes at the gym. The minimum purchase ticket for Bingo is $32.
-Drinks, soda and bottled water are expensive.
-Boarding and disembarking takes time. It is boring.
-Beware the aqua park at Coco Cay is more appropriate for children 7 and above. You have to be fit and strong.
-The Atlantis excursion is too expensive if More bought on ship.

Pros:
-There are a LOT of activities on the ship. They try to cater to just about everybody. We enjoyed a free jewelry making session one afternoon.
-You get to see a new place both on Saturday (beach access is free) and Sunday morning (Bahamas).
-We enjoyed the live music and night shows in the theater.
-Staff was friendly.
-Awesome desserts.
-You don't feel the ship move at all and you totally forget that you are on a ship.

Suggestions:
-Why not serve peanuts on the house in the bar area and with all drinks?
-Why not make non-alchoholic drinks free (at least one a day per person).
-The theater room is way too chilly. So are quite a few other areas. There is such a drastic difference in temperature when you step into the deck.
-Too much chlorine in the pool water.
-Hire an assistant chef who specializes in vegetarian / Indian cuisine. The veg food needs drastic improvement.
-It is nice to sing and make the birthday person feel special ....but why not let them keep the hat as souvenir.
-Why not give away the sample pics instead of throwing them away?
-Please consider light entertainment (balloon makers for kids, jugglers etc) on Monday morning too so that we leave with good memories :-) The lines/waiting to disembark is slow.
-Consider a deck eating area for breakfast and lunch (outside Windjammer). It would be nice to eat in the open. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>