Viking Embla Cruise Review by pdwviking: Viking Cruise Moscow to St Petersburg

Viking Cruise Moscow to St Petersburg

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Other

This is my third Viking river cruise. I had expected this would be our best cruise yet, but we were disappointed. Moscow and St Petersburg were fascinating, but the river cruise itself was rather boring. We had long intervals of nothingness and the there weren't many on-board activities planned. We watched TV movies in our cabin most nights.

On some of our excursions, particularly the tour Moscow at Night, we could not understand the tour guide. His English was very difficult to decipher, which made the tour a complete waste of money.

The air schedule was also a problem. We had less than an hour lay over in Atlanta. Our flight from Savannah to Atlanta was a little late arriving and we literally had to run through the worlds busiest airport and just made the flight. Not a very relaxing start to our dream vacation.

Previously I was a big Viking fan and told many people in our Sun City community about your cruise line. However, now I feel that I can no longer More recommend Viking. We plan to do a lot more traveling, but this may have been our last trip with Viking. Less

Published 09/01/12

Read more Viking Embla cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Embla Review >>

Compare Prices on Viking Embla Europe - River Cruise Cruises

Cabin review: EX226

Cabin was clean and up to date. However, the pole in the middle of the room blocked watching TV from the bed. We did not have a balcony room. We did have nice large windows, but the view was partially blocked by the ship.

Member Since 2012
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X