“Viking Cruise Moscow to St Petersburg”
Cruise review of Viking Embla

pdwviking Viking Embla 2 Viking Cruise Moscow to St Petersburg
pdwviking
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This is my third Viking river cruise. I had expected this would be our best cruise yet, but we were disappointed. Moscow and St Petersburg were fascinating, but the river cruise itself was rather boring. We had long intervals of nothingness and the there weren't many on-board activities planned. We watched TV movies in our cabin most nights. On some of our excursions, particularly the tour Moscow at Night, we could not understand the tour guide. His English was very difficult to decipher, which made the tour a complete waste of money. The air schedule was also a problem. We had less than an hour lay over in Atlanta. Our flight from Savannah to Atlanta was a little late arriving and we literally had to run through the worlds busiest airport and just made the flight. Not a very relaxing start to our dream vacation. Previously I was a big Viking fan and told many people in our Sun City community about your cruise line. However, now I feel that I can no longer recommend Viking. We plan to do a lot more traveling, but this may have been our last trip with Viking.
Viking Embla Cruises to Europe River
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

EX226
Cabin was clean and up to date. However, the pole in the middle of the room blocked watching TV from the bed. We did not have a balcony room. We did have nice large windows, but the view was partially blocked by the ship.
Published 09/01/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Viking Embla Review
Viking Embla Cruises to Europe River
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?