Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Mia Renee

Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: SS
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        7-9 2.0

Carnival Breeze, Pretty Good
Arrived the day before departure and stayed at a really nice hotel off La Rambla. We arrived at the ship at 3pm and we had VIP entry and went straight to our room. We had a cloud 9 spa suite on the 11 floor, it was beautiful and spacious. One negative was the door to the balcony was one solid door and not a patio door, we prefer a patio door since you can keep it open, let the breeze in, etc. For us, the ship was very solid, didn't feel it move at all, the duvet's in the room are way too hot to sleep, you are either cold or hot. The pillows were awful, we woke up with neck aches.

I heard alot of people complaining about children on the ship and on excursions. What were people thinking when they booked with Carnival "The Fun Ship", this is a family ship. If they wanted something more for their age group, they should research other cruise lines, example, we've made the mistake last year going with Celebrity in the Caribbean, most of the ship guests were over 65, with walkers and wheelchairs. We despised that trip.

One thing that I do agree with other reviews was some parents were not supervising their children at the waterpark. And what was odd, were grown men acting like children, spraying people with hoses, really strange.

Since we had many excurions, we would order breakfast to be delivered to our room. Not much variety, same everyday. For lunch, we ate 3 times at the lido market and most of the time off site due to the excursions. We never tried the other eateries. We had "Your Time Dining" in Sapphire and we arrived around 7pm and there were not line-ups. The food was ok, not great and they fed us too fast, in and out kind of thing.

The 2 pools were too small for the amount of people on the ship, too many hot whirlpools. Since we had a Cloud 9 Spa Suite, my husband and I decided to try it out, again, steam baths and lounge chairs too hot. We made our own scrubs and that was different. We only went that one time. I have to say that i am not a fan of fun day at sea. I look forward to getting off the ship, it's too crowded on sea days.

As far as the ship's decor, it was nice but I wouldn't say I was impressed or vowed. The dining room could've have been nicer, they could have had more than 2 elegant nights as dress code. The ovatin theatre could've have been nicer, i liked the colors but very plain. As far as the entertainment of the ship, the dancers and singers were amazing. The woman that works in the Cherry on Top is not friendly at all. She works in a candy store and i think she hates children :) The elevators took too long.

My 8 year old daughter went to the camp carnival and i found the ladies that worked there a bit short-fused with us and our daughter. I did call guest services and told Julie, the supervisor, but what can you do, they acted cold and non-inviting again the next day. I think they have too much free play not enough organized games.

Publication Date: 08/31/12