Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by flauta: Excellent cruise

Excellent cruise

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

Finally a ship with a lot of outside space... and built with exquisite taste.
The Equinox is a beautiful ship and decorated with extreme good taste; which seems to be rare in modern day cruise ships. We loved our cabin 1215 in Concierge Class. It is a good size cabin with a nice size balcony with lounge chairs you can really relax in.

The service was very good for a big ship and the food was good as well. We ate 5 nights in the main dining room which is very beautiful and spacious. The service is ok, not bad not great. But, I must say that there is not too much noise but it is lacking live string music, which would make the dining experience more pleasant. We saw our Maitre' D only once and he really wasn't much good for anything, but we really didn't have any complaints anyway. We really enjoyed two nights at the Murano, which is well worth the extra $40. The service is very special, the restaurant is lovely and old world elegant and the food, simply More gourmet. The Italian Steak house was pretty good. I didn't really like our wine steward too much, but our waiters were very attentive and pleasant. We opted for the special wine night dinner after Mykonos for an extra $98 and that started out very nicely. The head wine steward is first-rate and you start out with ONE glass of champagne in Michael's Lounge which is always quite elegant. The dinner was good except that I had to send back my main dish ( rack of lamb) three times because it was blood rare each time. Finally I didn't eat it and had the dessert. I think they need to change their master chef for a European one.

The pool area is great. There always seemed to be a chair or so even though the ship was full. I really liked the new Spa area pool which is slightly air conditioned and ADULT Only which is perfect. This was a really rest place to enjoy and also with a small buffet of very healthy and light fare. The new grass area is incredible. You can lie out and enjoy the smell of fresh grass and have a nice wine for a romantic afternoon or early evening. The glass demonstration is nice but it shouldn't really be in the grass area because if you want to rest or just converse you have all that noise from the demonstrations.

Overall, the ship is excellent and I would definitely plan my next cruise on the Equinox. None other for me..... Less

Read more Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Equinox Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Equinox Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 1215

Great balcony with nice lounge chairs. Bathroom small but ok. It was a very quiet cabin and in a good location. The bedding is very nice and there is quite a bit of room to store things.