Carnival Glory Cruise Review by happytraveler423

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Glory Cruise Review by happytraveler423
Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: happytraveler423
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 5A

Disappointed
This was my second cruise with Carnival (first being an 8 day on the Miracle earlier this year). The five day cruise left much to be desired. There were 2 ports - St. John and Halifax - both of which were beautiful and the time spent there was enjoyable. However, there were issues with the trip, unlike the Miracle experience which was 5 star.

Some of these are picky, but in total, they effect the overall quality of the trip.

Embarkation process was a bit tedious. The photograher taking ID pictures before we went on the ship was cranky and rude. After being told to "stay with your party", when it came time to have the pics taken, I started up to the camera and my husband followed. The photographer snapped, "back of the line" stay back of the line" to my husband. Then he uttered Geez under his breath looking and acting very annoyed. Cartainly did not make us feel very welcomed.

Upon going to our cabin, we found the bathroom had not been cleaned. Called for service and they responded very quickly and cleaned it. Also asked for twin room and were given a double.

Food service in the Red Sail and pool deck buffet was not good. Plates, coffee cups etc. missing. One crew memeber told me to use a plastic glass for my coffee. The buffet was not very busy at the time. Set up on the Miracle was much more convenient. Had to go and look for drinks after going through buffet line on the Glory. Service in the Golden dining room was spotty. It was either excellent or poor. One night we waited over and hour to have our meal served. On several occasions, wait staff took all silver then served coffee and desert without bringing more.

Entertainment was poor. Show cast was ok, but predictable. The comic, however was good. Overall did not measure up to past Carnivale and other cruiseline entertainment. My party enjoys the casino and found the experience dissapointing. On other lines (and on the Miracle), players were allowed to drink free in the casino after obtaining a certain number of points. This didn't happen on the Glory.

Lots of children on the cruise and they monopolized the pools, running, jumping, splashing. This included the pool on the Serenity deck which is supposed to be adults only.

Overall, it felt as if Carnival didn't put as much emphasis on customer satisfaction on this 5-night cruise. Crew appeared rushed and somewhat disinterested. If this had been my first Carnival cruise, it would probably be my last. Since the experience on the Miracle was so good, I may try them again.

Publication Date: 08/30/12