Carnival Dream 4

“Carnival Dream Mixed review”
Cruise review of Carnival Dream

Robbyrx
Member Since 2012
2 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

THE GOOD Just got home from my cruise with the Carnival Dream. 8/25/12 I read other reviews so I can compare the cruise I went on. The Carnival Dream had its positives and negatives.

The shows and activities all day and night were excellent. I was entertained all the time. The inside cabin was very good and I was very comfortable. The important thing is to get a cabin between two decks that have other staterooms so its quite.

The dining room food was very good. If you didn't like something on the menus you had an everyday menu to choose from. The best dining room was the Scarlet because it was two stories. The food did come out warm not hot.

Embarcation and disembarcation was very quick,no problems. Getting on and off the boat at ports was very easy. Except when there was a tender. The wait was 1 hour.

There was so many things to do that you will never be bored. If you found the right places to sit on deck you will find a place to sit.

THE More BAD

The ship was very overcrowded. If you chose to eat at the main buffet you had to wait. Sometimes over an hour. The food was not good. The best places to go if you missed going to the dining room,was to the Pizza bar (excellent pizza). The deli ( great sandwiches),or the pasta bar. Having the option of pizza and icecream 24 hours a day was a great idea.

As far as space by the pool or the adult section,you can not find a seat on sea days. The pool was so over crowded too. The cruise directors at the pool were so loud,that if you found a seat you could not stand the noise.

The service was not great. They did not have enough people to give good service. They did try to sell you drinks all the time,teeth whitening,art work,and the Carnival cruise excursions. We asked about getting to a beach on our own and they said that you can't. It was very close and you could,and the cost was 10% of Carnival's tours. I would rec. researching in advance where you can find tours without the ship. You will save a lot of money and have a great time.

All and all I would rate this ship good.

Most important is whom you go with. I was very fortunate to have my best friend and girlfriend to spend the time with. Less

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children

Published 08/30/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?