Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by mrbubba: So good I couldn't wait to book next cruise

mrbubba
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Cruises

So good I couldn't wait to book next cruise

Sail Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Planning Disney makes it so easy to plan and pay for cruise. They even give great advice on port excursions.

Embarkation I was so worried because our plane was late, but once we arrived at Port Canaveral it went so smoothly. They were ready and willing to help. We were on board and enjoying the buffet long before we sailed.

Cabins My daughter -in-law had never cruised before. She heard many descriptions on what the rooms would be like. Well, she was just blown away with the space and bathroom arrangements. Then she saw the over sized veranda. Heaven on the water.

Meals Anyone that comes on here and complains should stay home . The moving from restaurant to restaurant is a great idea. Having the same wait staff really came to use the second day. As soon as we sat down our drinks were delivered. They knew our choices already. They were friendly, intelligent and amusing. I emailed Disney months in advance and sure enough they remembered my More daughters Birthday our second night.

Entertainment Actually, only Aladdin was a good show. The other main shows were just O. K. Sorry, but the lounge shows at night were the best. The comedians , magicians and theme shows were great. I am in my sixties and my kids are in their thirties. We all laughed and enjoyed every night.

Oceaneer club Probably a life saver for parents. But my Grandkids couldn't wait each day to go there.

Pools and Aquaduck We heard so much about the overcrowded pools. Well, there were plenty deck chairs and the pools were fine. Having the Large screen TV with streaming movies was great. The Aqua lab, Aquaduck and Nemo's were a wonderful addition to the pools. The adults had two other places with pools and water lounges.

Port excursions Plentiful and every thing you could imagine. On St. Thomas we took advice from locals and went to Saphire Beach. What a delight. No charge to go there and swim. A very small fee to kayak, snorkel and use water boats and sea doos. On board The sea days were fun and I even played the goofy golf. The first run movies were a great place to go and relax. Just walking around the ship and seeing the Characters is fun and entertaining. Less

Read more Disney Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Fantasy 5042

Plenty of storage. Large balcony. More on demand Disney shows than you could ever imagine. Unbeatable bathroom facilities. Clean and constant upkeep.

This place is the best. A perfect retreat for activities or just relaxing. Then they have a good old fashioned Barbecue for lunch on the island. The kids went to the kids club. We went to the secluded adult beach. Perfect light blue water an more than enough lounge chairs for you.

The weather played a big part in my giving it a low rating. Even though our port excursion was cancelled we still went ashore to shop and look around.

Glass-Bottom Boat

(5)
My daughter and her husband actually took the glass bottom boat tour. They loved it because afterwards they took them to a beach for drinks and snacks and the n back to town for shopping. I went with my son and his family to Sapphire Beach. Beautiful place and so much to do.