Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by mrbubba

Member Name: mrbubba
Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: ver
See More About: Disney Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
        3-6 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

So good I couldn't wait to book next cruise
Planning Disney makes it so easy to plan and pay for cruise. They even give great advice on port excursions.

Embarkation I was so worried because our plane was late, but once we arrived at Port Canaveral it went so smoothly. They were ready and willing to help. We were on board and enjoying the buffet long before we sailed.

Cabins My daughter -in-law had never cruised before. She heard many descriptions on what the rooms would be like. Well, she was just blown away with the space and bathroom arrangements. Then she saw the over sized veranda. Heaven on the water.

Meals Anyone that comes on here and complains should stay home . The moving from restaurant to restaurant is a great idea. Having the same wait staff really came to use the second day. As soon as we sat down our drinks were delivered. They knew our choices already. They were friendly, intelligent and amusing. I emailed Disney months in advance and sure enough they remembered my daughters Birthday our second night.

Entertainment Actually, only Aladdin was a good show. The other main shows were just O. K. Sorry, but the lounge shows at night were the best. The comedians , magicians and theme shows were great. I am in my sixties and my kids are in their thirties. We all laughed and enjoyed every night.

Oceaneer club Probably a life saver for parents. But my Grandkids couldn't wait each day to go there.

Pools and Aquaduck We heard so much about the overcrowded pools. Well, there were plenty deck chairs and the pools were fine. Having the Large screen TV with streaming movies was great. The Aqua lab, Aquaduck and Nemo's were a wonderful addition to the pools. The adults had two other places with pools and water lounges.

Port excursions Plentiful and every thing you could imagine. On St. Thomas we took advice from locals and went to Saphire Beach. What a delight. No charge to go there and swim. A very small fee to kayak, snorkel and use water boats and sea doos.

On board The sea days were fun and I even played the goofy golf. The first run movies were a great place to go and relax. Just walking around the ship and seeing the Characters is fun and entertaining.

Publication Date: 08/30/12