Noordam Cruise Review by don bremner

Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: VB
See More About: Noordam Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Holland America Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Noordam Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Noordam Deck Plans
Excellent Voyage a First Class Fun Vacation the MS Noordham
Professional and a Wonderful Cruise on MS Noordam

My wife and I were looking for a European vacation / holiday and I wanted to go to Santorini, and booked through AMEX Travel, luckily we got the Perfect Trip, 9.8 out of 10, on our 16th Cruise, and we definitely found that excellence, service and quality on the MS Noordam Roman Empire Cruise. This was the sixteenth time cruising for the both of us, all I can say is nice job, professional, top drawer, comfortable, first class but fun fun fun, lots to do, a very highly trained staff, that were always very polite and courteous, and could not do enough for you.

Pinnacle Grill: Perfect and Great Food and Presentation: Staff: Sebastiaan Van Elk Manager, and Homor Mario Waiter: were wonderful polished, I mean wonderful and one of the nicest restaurants that I have ever enjoyed, and we ate at the Pinnacle Grill 8 nights on our cruise. The cost is additional, for the Pinnacle Grill is $25.00 per person 5 star ***** but well worth it don't miss this. The waiters, servers, and all staff in the Pinnacle Grill are very polished and attentive. They do it right, every moment of your dinner is an excellent experience and believe me it was. If you have the chance I would check out the Pinnacle Grill, if you have the budget it is worth it !!

Marc the Bartender at Lido Pool Bar was truly professional and great person.

My observations about the Noordam: The crew on the Noordam was highly trained, and they are continually are having Safety Drills when docked.

Cleanliness, and Health & Safety is Priority One they are unbelievable. I can not express how attentive they are and how quickly they attempt to assist you.

I am a good tipper,they are very nice polite about Tipping there is a Standard Tipping fee that each person pays over the course of the cruise, I was sure to add to that because of the totally amazing service.

We rented local Taxi's and did our own tours, Dubrovnik: first time there shocked how beautiful it is, Corfu: was there twice 35 years ago Pelekas Beach wonderful even after 35 years, gorgeous, Katakolon: wonderful, Santorini: Amazing the highlight of the trip the reason we booked this cruise, Kusadasi (Ephesus): Take a ship tour, the Turks are very aggressive leaves women and shoppers uncomfortable, beautiful place, need to tune it down: Athens: been there 3 times wonderful but the first place in Greece the economy is showing Graffiti every where except Tourist Areas; I loved Athens, but the economy and it is hurting and the graffiti need a clean up,

Messina: All excellent.

The Captain I believe is Dutch, the crew is very professional, although I did not meet the Captain, although invited twice. Wanted a quiet relaxing holiday, hot sunshine, tan and enjoy all the sites. The staff is great, never had any issues, little water leak in room, taken care of without incident, the Noordam of Holland America was recommended by AMEX, and was and is a great ship with a great crew I wouldn't hesitate to vacation again with the MS Noordam Word of Mouth.

Publication Date: 08/29/12