Disney Magic Cruise Review by pthjudy: A Family Review of a Family Cruise

Compare Prices on Disney Magic Bahamas Cruises

A Family Review of a Family Cruise

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This is the first time our family has been together since our 8 night cruise on the Disney Magic from July 28 to August fifth this year. I have combined comments from the adults as well as the kids. Disney has always been a first class operation and we enjoyed this cruise very much. Following are some of the comments:

I liked swimming in the pool and walking around and seeing the characters. I liked getting their autographs and pictures. The food was good but there was lots of waiting. My favorite foods were the chicken strips and the Minnie Mini burgers.
I did not like the desserts. (this is from Erica, 8 years old)

My mature 14 year old grandson was disappointed that after 9 o'clock Diversions didn't let him stay even with his dad. He loved the wings and had them every night.

As for the desserts, in the dining room, desserts were the same every night on the kids menu. Everyone loved the Mickey bars,including adults, but if kids didn't like them, it was More pretty much pudding or jello. Kids would have liked cookies or brownies or a piece of chocolate cake. We did not like the seafood buffet the one lunch it was offered. Choices were poor and looked unappetizing.

Perhaps some of the choices for dinner were a bit too gourmet for a family oriented cruise. Our favorite cruise was decades ago on the now defunct American Hawaii Cruises where it was very American style cuisine like fried chicken and French dip.

Cabins were comfortable and well kept. My husband and I had to change rooms and the staff was very helpful. I believe the very long (over 2 hours) dinners was partially due to a table of 10 but also because they have cut the number of servers.

We did not use the kids club but the kids found plenty to do on the ship. They loved the water slide.

Getting on and off the ship was very well run at all times. Waiting for the characters took longer. We loved the ports especially Disney World. It was amazingly well orchestrated and that was appreciated. We hope Disney returns to NYC in 2014! Less

Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>