Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by lindylouUK: Family cruise for three generations

lindylouUK
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Family cruise for three generations

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Just returned from 12 day cruise with Carnival on their new ship the Carnival Breeze. Having read some of the previous reviews I was apprehensive at the very least but this was one of the best cruises I have been on. As there were three generations going on this cruise it had to meet everyone's requirements - it did. The cabins we had were the best I have had for space and the two bathrooms meant no queues! I felt the food was better than RCCL. I liked the casual food options and although not a normal burger eater I loved Guy's burgers and only wish we had some as good as this in the UK.

On a more critical note I felt the excursions were far too expensive and as previously stated could be done at a fraction of the cost with prior preparation. It would have been nice to have more detailed information on the ports freely available rather than the poor maps provided for those not wishing to take the excursions. I am sure this could be rectified.

The number and More selection of ports were good. Having a full day and overnight stop at the end of the cruise was brilliant.

Can really see why this ship appeals to families. May not be the case for mature couples but then there are other cruise lines that would cater for them. To summarise all three generations had a lovely time from the youngest at 10 to the oldest at 67! Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze

Good use of space. Chose midship, port side, deck 1 and it was quiet and gave quick access via lift and stairs to all amenities.

Monte Carlo is well worth a visit if only to see the Formula One course as it was in my case. Saw changing of the guard at the palace and took the tour bus around the sites.
Read 509 Venice Reviews