Carnival Magic Cruise Review by bhsaint: Slippery and Wet..

bhsaint
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Slippery and Wet..

Sail Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

I must say the Carnival Magic was the most treacherous ship for walking I have ever been on. I know of at least one major medical event that occurred during the week, a lady slipped and fell on the jogging track and appeared to have fractured her hip and was taken away on back board to the infirmary awaiting transport to hospital at the first port. I personally had several close calls as did many passenger while navigating the Lido deck as well as the entire ship. All tile flooring inside was very slick due to the texture that was used in the design. I have to believe that the incidents are mounting up and all surfaces will have to be re-designed at the first dry dock. Carnival Magic is very understaffed for a ship of this size. We knew when we booked what we would get from a Carnival Fun Ship Cruise compared to our favorite cruise line RCCL. I must say as expected not even close to the customer service and expectations placed on the RCCL experience. A few things of note that Carnival More needs to address on this ship.

Camp Carnival- Staff seemed very stressed out and appeared as if their assignment was punishment. My 9 year old attended, however overstated how boring it was compared to RCCL's kids program.

Cruise Director- Absolutely the worse cruise director and assistant cruise director we have ever seen. The only two bright spots of the entertainment staff was JoJo the Live Karaoke host and the young "Brilliant" Philippine young man were the mainstays of the cruise. I suggest promoting these two and ditch James and his horrible cohort.Captain- Never seen the Commander of the Vessel. We waited and waited on his arrival at the Captain's so called gala but was tardy and we could not wait any longer as we were thirsty. Not an ounce of wine or champagne flowed from the staff as is customary on RCCL for a Captain's Gala.

Dining- Worse dining experience we have ever experienced for two people. Dining room staff is sorely under staffed and it shows. Excess of 90 minutes awaited us on most nights for a party of two.

In closing, as I mentioned earlier we know what we will get in sailing with Carnival, just keep thinking that maybe they will get it one day and pay heed to a few of the suggestions I have mentioned in my review.

Happy Sailing! Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Interior Lido 10201

Great sized room for deck 10 room 10201!