Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by deno75: A bit disappointed

A bit disappointed

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I was a bit disappointed after the first day with our ship, after reading reviews of the ship I was thinking ok this is going to be a nice cruise.

The embarkation was great, we had a suite so we had VIP check in, of course there is nothing to complain about there.

The goods:

The camps for the kids were great, well staffed for the most part and loads of activities for them to do.

The room was nice, very spacious for 5 people.

Our room steward started out with a 5 but by the last day I would give him a 2 probably.

There was not alot of pressure to purchase drinks, as a non drinker this was nice compared to other cruises I have been on.

The bad:

The food, all I can say is it was horrible, we have better fast food restaurants in our town. The dining was always packed, only half the buffet was ever open at once and it was nothing to stand in line for 45 minutes to get your food. Also our veggies in half moon cay in our cabana More we rented had mold on them. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!

The ship was very outdated, the pictures on the walls going up the stairs were broken (at least one on each floor)

The shows were nothing special, some of them reminded me of high school recitals or dance programs.

The bathrooms always reeked like smoke even though there was no smoking allowed.

Quite a few of the staff were rude. Our room steward yelled at us because we did not purchase a beach towel from him (we got two from the towel folding class) I guess they get paid an hour pay for every towel they sell. Well we did not know this or we would have purchased from him, but he had nothing to complain about as he more than made up for it in the tips we left him every day. Needless to day he was not as friendly after that.

I have cruised with NCL two times before and had I not maybe I would not have been as disappointed, in my opinion paying the little more is well worth the better food, better shows, nicer staff. Our next cruise will be back to NCL. Less

Read more Carnival Ecstasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Ecstasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Ecstasy Suite Upper u101

The room was great, I know it is an older ship, my only complaint would be it was outdated, and really that is not that big of a deal, it was comfy and loads of room for 5 people to fit in very comfortably.

Not much to do right off the ship, and unless you wanted to wait over an hour to get a taxi there was not much to do, We spend the day on the ship.
Read 771 Freeport Reviews

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING, we rented a cabana and other than our moldy food would highly recommend that.

I would have given it a 5 other than the locals, we went to Junkanoo beach and many of the locals were there casing out bags, etc that were left on the beach. We found another family to sit with and took turns watching each others items. We did not feel pressure to purchase in any store we were in. (although it was hotter than heck 100+ with high humidity, the locals were complaining) so maybe it was to hot to worry.
Read 2609 Nassau Reviews