“Great Time on new ship”

Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Having already sailed on the Marina I knew that the Riviera would be a luxurious ship and she did not disappoint. The general service from the staff in the bars and restaurants was even better than on my previous cruise and I could not really understand the abject rudeness of some of the passengers toward them. We opted for the $49.95 per day drinks package and on reflection would not do this again as you really have to drink a lot on a daily basis to make this worthwhile , I think the $29.95 package (wine and beer with meals)would have been a better idea esp as you can have your own drinks in your room and there are happy hours every day in the bars. The ship is very stable in the water and I really hardly felt any movement at all and the room was very well insulated so I heard very little noise from the Waves grill above. The gym was excellent with a great fitness instructor (Jenny) and very underused. Food in all venues was excellent and I esp liked the Grand dining room and i went there on many days for breakfast also. My only disappointment on this cruise was the much mooted butler service which i feel that Oceania should look at in this category , my feeling being that the butlers are so busy with the rooms up from the penthouses -oc -vista-and os suites that the services offered -unpacking-packing-in suite dining-in room afternoon tea are never mentioned or offered and in reality just do not happen that being said the maid and steward service to our room was first rate.That was only a small thing though and overall I would definitely go on the Riviera again.
Riviera Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

ph1
Great room plenty of space only drawback is that it is in full view of the stair hall when the door is open so make sure your dressed!
Published 08/28/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Riviera Review
Riviera Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?