Riviera Cruise Review by tedcatuk

Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: ph1
See More About: Riviera Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Oceania Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Riviera Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Riviera Deck Plans
Great Time on new ship
Having already sailed on the Marina I knew that the Riviera would be a luxurious ship and she did not disappoint.

The general service from the staff in the bars and restaurants was even better than on my previous cruise and I could not really understand the abject rudeness of some of the passengers toward them.

We opted for the $49.95 per day drinks package and on reflection would not do this again as you really have to drink a lot on a daily basis to make this worthwhile , I think the $29.95 package (wine and beer with meals)would have been a better idea esp as you can have your own drinks in your room and there are happy hours every day in the bars.

The ship is very stable in the water and I really hardly felt any movement at all and the room was very well insulated so I heard very little noise from the Waves grill above.

The gym was excellent with a great fitness instructor (Jenny) and very underused.

Food in all venues was excellent and I esp liked the Grand dining room and i went there on many days for breakfast also.

My only disappointment on this cruise was the much mooted butler service which i feel that Oceania should look at in this category , my feeling being that the butlers are so busy with the rooms up from the penthouses -oc -vista-and os suites that the services offered -unpacking-packing-in suite dining-in room afternoon tea are never mentioned or offered and in reality just do not happen

that being said the maid and steward service to our room was first rate.

That was only a small thing though and overall I would definitely go on the Riviera again.

Publication Date: 08/28/12