Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by dbumblebeeie

16+ 4.0
Embarkation Not Rated

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Just one more day!!!
I took my High School graduate and my 22 yr old son on a surprise weekend cruise. This being their first cruise I was not sure if either of them would get motion sickness so better to test the waters. We embarked on Friday afternoon effortlessly. Weather was hot and sunny. Ocean view rooms were clean, with nice detail touches of fresh towels being made into a new animal creation daily. Staff was friendly, helpful and worked hard. Luggage arrived in a timely fashion. Had trouble with room keys working, but replaced quickly and an apology card posted on your door later.

Since it was just three days, we were not planning on being in our rooms much, so we chose correctly. Pool was a bit small but really never too crowded. Only had time to use it once as we chose for excursion to Stirrup Cay beach party. Nice day playing in ocean. Good barbeque and boats taking you back to the ship throughout the day. Whenever you were ready. Mixed variety of people. From a couple in their 70's dancing together in the ocean,(beautiful). Young people playing volleyball, couples walking the beach, families with kids about 7 years old. Single lady groups. Moms with their older daughters. Single guy groups. It was great. Love, love, love, Freestyle dining. Choose your time to eat when your hungry and where you want. Food was very good. I long for that bread pudding dessert! The service was very good! Next day excursion to Nassau, Paradise Island.

Think hard about that one. We took a cab and bought tickets there to save than on ship but at $562.00 for 4 people its steep. Remember you have to be back at the boat at 4:30. Beautiful 5 star resort, but you won't see everything. Beach is pristine but loads of walking and in the heat you will be drained, as I was.

Only had time for an hour in the straw market. If you don't like haggling skip it. I exhausted myself that day and could not make it to Gloria Esteban review. Which I heard was great. Don't miss White Night. Everyone wears something white and there is music and a party by the pool. Ocean breezes were heaven. Only one improvement needed. If you like the free ice tea, I only found it on the 11th deck by the bar. So you will be using the elevator a lot and going back and forth. Other than that, We found ourselves saying JUST ONE MORE NIGHT! I will be booking 4 nights or more in the future. Good value for the money! Oh, Artamio, if you read this, email me. Love to finish our conversation about where to stay in PR:)

Publication Date: 08/27/12