Moderate cruise experience: Eurodam Cruise Review by jeroenk
Overall Member Rating
Moderate cruise experience
Destination: Baltic Sea
Unfortunately most of the extras that Maasdam had in those days were not on this Eurodam cruise. A few examples are:
- There was no Captains Toast, or a show were the captain and officers were introduced.
- No farewell dinner (Master Chefs Dinner)
- On the formal night there was hardly anything to do in the evening. Instead of a show there was a movie in the theatre.
- The evening show were actually very bad. Every day the same group of singers and dancers, that performed a production show that Dutch in general do not like.
- No chocolate extravaganza
- On Maasdam 2002 we had high tea every day. On this Eurodam voyage only once.
- The ship looked like a ghost ship in the evening hours. At about 10pm, the public areas in the ship were empty.
- Waiters were very hurried during More the Open Seating, serving the different courses very quickly, to make people leave very early. Dining should be a relaxing event.
- Public areas are very dark and almost empty in the evening. We are missing the cosy atmosphere that was on the Maasdam.
We sailed with HAL a few times more. Most of the points mentioned above were solved on the other ships. The entertainment however, on HAL ships is of very poor quality. Less
5th cruise, this would rank pr...
Overall Great Cruise Trip
Friendly and Helful