Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by debzy: Beautiful Eclipse, amazing staff and fascinating ports...

Celebrity Eclipse 5
Member Since 2007
5 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Beautiful Eclipse, amazing staff and fascinating ports...

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Southampton

This was our second cruise on the Eclipse - last year we did the Baltic Capitals. The ship and crew were just as wonderful as we remembered. Our balcony cabin, deck 9 purchased on a guarantee basis, was kept spotless by our room attendant and her assistant. Both were lovely: friendly and happy to provide the two extras I asked for - slippers and a softer pillow than the one provided!
Although we packed expecting cold weather, we were pleasantly surprised. Tee shirts were all we needed during our times ashore. The itinerary last year was phenomenal, especially St. Petersburg and Tallinn. This year, we were equally enthralled by nature herself - especially the geysers of Iceland and the stunning mountains and waterfalls of Norway.
We are in our 50s and fellow cruisers probably averaged a little older. There were only a few children and they were well behaved. We only had a couple of sea days, which suited me as I am not keen on lots of people everywhere. The daytime More entertainment was adequate. My husband enjoyed the gym and I loved the pods and cabanas on the solarium deck which provided a cozy, peaceful environment for reading.
The evening entertainment was good - we particularly enjoyed the production style shows and the late night comedian.
Food was very good. The aqua spa cafe provided our healthy lunch options most days and the MDR we used for breakfast and dinner. Oceanview cafe has a great range of food but on sea days it was a little too crowded for me, although it was always possible to get a table. We tried Qsine one evening, it was certainly quirky and imaginative but we preferred Murano.
All in all, once again we enjoyed a wonderful two weeks aboard the beautiful Eclipse. We will return to this ship. Less

Published 08/28/12

Helpful? Thank debzy

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Sea Cruises

Cabin review: 2B9139 Deluxe Veranda 2B

Quiet location. Bed near shower room. Regular size balcony from which you can see the port side part of the bridge that juts out. Very convenient for Aqua spa, gym and theatre, just a short walk to the lifts.

Read All Deluxe Veranda 2B (2B) Reviews >>
Member Since 2007
5 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X