Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by austincool: A Fun Getaway
Member Since 2009
A Fun Getaway
This was a great 2 night getaway. Go with the expectation that it will not be like a larger ship with as many various activities throughout the day and night, but they do have a good selection.
1. A smaller ship means less walking to get to where you want to go.
I feared that the smaller ship would mean more rocking. To my delight, this ship sailed smoother than all 3 other large ships I've been on.
2. The nightly show was divided into 2 to 3 different forms of entertainment, which meant something for everyone. They had two comedians (one for each night). The first night's comedian was hilarious, the second night was a disappointment. They had a Cirque de Soleil act, which was very good.
3. The cabins were a decent size, and they used the space wisely, with room to hang clothes, a desk with a mirror, lots of hooks in the bathroom, etc. Our cabin was very clean, and although we had to call maintenance two different times, they provided a rapid More response and rectified the issues.
4. This cruise had an eclectic group of travelers...families, couples, groups, etc. Not many seniors, but the age groups were varied.
5. For a small ship, I was surprised at the number of dining options. Be sure to visit with Ricardo at the poolside bar for an omlette. He is a really nice guy and interesting to talk to if you engage him in conversation.
6. Getting on the ship was a breeze--didn't take long at all, and we were able to board and immediately have lunch.
7. I noticed the staff washing down all of the deck chairs and tables when we returned to port.
The Not So Good:
1. The food is nothing to boast about. It's okay, but not as good as on the other cruises I've been on.
2. Many of the plates in the buffet line were dirty, and we notified one of the staff, who never apologized, but inspected about 15 of the dirty plates and took them off the buffet line.
3. Walls were thin. Our cabin was near the elevator, so we heard a lot of noise. The guests in the cabin next to ours were extremely loud.
4. Disembarkation took two hours from the time we left our cabin. We had a late flight out from West Palm Beach, so it didn't affect us, but you need to be prepared for a long wait. Less
Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>
Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration
Looking Forward to Next Cruise
Breakaway a disappointment
Worst ship/ cruise experience ...
We had a lot of fun
A Bahamas cruise that you'll w...
Hmmm, Don't believe that it is...