Ventura Cruise Review by matli

Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: AB
Cabin Number: l107
See More About: Ventura Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Ventura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ventura Deck Plans
Butlins on a boat!
As holidays go this has got to be the worst value for money ever! Having spent nearly £10,000 on 2 cabins one for us and one for our 3 teenage boys. We expected to be fed and watered for 9 days - how wrong we were! The cabins were ok and when you consider we had a suite it should have been more than ok - the promise of the butler delivering your case and unpacking for you is no more than a myth! I had to go find our cases and after a long game of hide and seek I eventually found them and dragged them all the way to our cabin - (still marked priority lol). The cost of drinks for the boys was outrageous -coke £2.50! we expected at least soft drinks to be in with the price! Oh you could get water all day but try giving that to a teenage boy! The food - well yea the food was ok in the restaurant but the breakfast and lunches....queue after queue after queue, most days we didn't even bother. If you want to go for a curry of tapas then would you believe they charge extra! The entertainment is nothing short of blue/red coat lets all dance the birdie song or very bad comedians that try to sing!?? There is even a morning address from the entertainment manager akin to hi-de-hi!

If you like tattoos there are plenty on show too!

The jeep safari we booked (also outrageously expensive) was a 5 our ride in a jeep mainly on the motorway! The trip to Casablanca still leaves me asking why?

I really could go on and on but I am sure you get the picture. Right the good stuff - The staff in the main are lovely but they are charging an unreasonable sum to your bill every day for the service.

Advice to anyone - do not stay in cabin number L107 is is a suite below te gym and the treadmills are directly above your bed - people are on them at all hours in the night (staff I think) I ended up banging on the ceiling with an umbrella!

I don't usually write reviews but on this occasion I have made an exception because I think cruising is like the Emperor's new clothes - no one says how awful it actually is!

NEVER,NEVER AGAIN!