Ventura Cruise Review by matli: Butlins on a boat!

Ventura 1

Butlins on a boat!

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

As holidays go this has got to be the worst value for money ever! Having spent nearly £10,000 on 2 cabins one for us and one for our 3 teenage boys. We expected to be fed and watered for 9 days - how wrong we were! The cabins were ok and when you consider we had a suite it should have been more than ok - the promise of the butler delivering your case and unpacking for you is no more than a myth! I had to go find our cases and after a long game of hide and seek I eventually found them and dragged them all the way to our cabin - (still marked priority lol). The cost of drinks for the boys was outrageous -coke £2.50! we expected at least soft drinks to be in with the price! Oh you could get water all day but try giving that to a teenage boy! The food - well yea the food was ok in the restaurant but the breakfast and lunches....queue after queue after queue, most days we didn't even bother. If you want to go for a curry of tapas then would you believe they charge extra! The More entertainment is nothing short of blue/red coat lets all dance the birdie song or very bad comedians that try to sing!?? There is even a morning address from the entertainment manager akin to hi-de-hi!
If you like tattoos there are plenty on show too!
The jeep safari we booked (also outrageously expensive) was a 5 our ride in a jeep mainly on the motorway! The trip to Casablanca still leaves me asking why?

I really could go on and on but I am sure you get the picture. Right the good stuff - The staff in the main are lovely but they are charging an unreasonable sum to your bill every day for the service.
Advice to anyone - do not stay in cabin number L107 is is a suite below te gym and the treadmills are directly above your bed - people are on them at all hours in the night (staff I think) I ended up banging on the ceiling with an umbrella!

I don't usually write reviews but on this occasion I have made an exception because I think cruising is like the Emperor's new clothes - no one says how awful it actually is!

NEVER,NEVER AGAIN! Less

Published 08/28/12

Helpful? Thank matli
1 Helpful Vote

Read more Ventura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ventura Review >>

Compare Prices on Ventura Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: ABl107 Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower

Cabin L107 Victoria suite Good space but below the gym and very noisy also very windy because its at the front of the ship

Read All Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower (AB) Reviews >>

Great driver and great day!

Awful

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X