Carnival Pride Cruise Review by backdro69

Member Name: backdro69
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Cabin Category: 8K
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Great time on the Pride
It was our first cruise. Embarkation was a breeze (were dropped off at Baltimore at approx. 10:30, on board by noon, rooms ready by 1:30 and our luggage was there as well.) Staff were friendly and helpful (with the exception on one guy in the casino who I will talk about later.)

Sea days were more fun than we had expected. There were tons of activities (trivia, bingo, relaxation, etc). Tea time was especially nice with tasty desserts.

We wished we had longer in Grand Turk. I would have liked to have been able to explore beach area, but we did snorkeling and we had shortened port times so by the time the excursion was over, we ate lunch and then had to leave.

Half Moon Cay was nice. Beautiful beach area. Kayaking excursion was OK. I was not impressed with the buffet lunch (burgers, hot dogs, salads, jerk chicken).

Freeport is an industrial port. We taxied to Port Lucaya for shopping and a chonch salad. Had a nice time, but too short for an excursion.

We ate most meals in the main dining room. Dinner on the fifth night at David's steak house (awesome)! Lido deck buffet seemed hard to deal with and too crowded...not to mention little kids sticking thier fingers in food to sample..yuck! MDR meals were excellent to fair. I liked the appetizers more than the main dishes.

I had read that it is a good idea to go to the casino and get your sign and sail card hole punched to fit on a lanyard. The attendant was very curt when I asked him to hole punch our cards. He said I couldn't have it done unless I was playing. I explained that I didn't need their lanyard, I just needed the hole. He put the hole in our cards in such a spot that they would not fit on any lanyard we had. He was the ONLY person (staff) that I was not happy with.

Fellow passengers were for the most part pleasant and not obnoxious. Some kids like to run everywhere - kids are kids!

Overall a great time and I would not hesitate to go again.

Publication Date: 08/28/12