“Great cruise for first time cruisers”
Cruise review of Bahamas Celebration

ricntoine Bahamas Celebration 3 Great cruise for first time cruisers
ricntoine
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I booked this cruise because of a voucher I received in the mail. I did not research the cruise or cruise line until months later. We paid $317 for the timeshare package. $100 to upgrade to the Westin because I could not stay at the Ramada. The upgrade options are not really upgrades if you look at the reviews, but it was pretty clean when we stayed. Timeshare- The timeshare orientation was suppose to be for 90 minutes. We were there over 4 hours. We ate breakfast and the overall setup was long and boring. The timeshare they were offering wasn't even worth the money. Book directly through the cruise line instead of doing the timeshare. Cruise- Embarkation was smooth and easy. mandatory valet is $15 a day to leave your vehicle. Cash only. It smelled nice and clean when you walk onto the ship. You cant get in your room until 1:00. We went and had lunch. The hamburgers are awful. We had an early dinner @ 6 pm and our bags didn't make it to the room until 5:45. Carry your own bags if you can. Dinner at the Crystal was really nice. We met some new people and we were the last one's to leave. Dinner at the Rio was not so good. I guess we were looking for the buffet, so it wasn't what we expected. Entertainment- The entertainment was wonderful. They had an early show @ 8 and repeated it @ 10. I would have like to have something different. There isn't much to do on the short cruise other than the 1 show and then club at night. They do have a lounge that is pretty fun for karaoke. Rooms- The rooms were booked when I wanted to upgrade my room except the suites. That was an extra $400. We kept the low end room that came with the package. It was VERY SMALL and we had to take turn getting dressed. The bed was comfy. The shower was horrible. Its so small. This was our first cruise. I read the reviews beforehand, so I knew not to expect something extravagant as the cruises I had heard about. My husband and I just wanted to test the waters and we made the best of it. I would not take this cruise again, but I think it is great for first timers. I hope this is helpful.
  • Sail Date: July 2012
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

at the bottom inside coach room. The shower was too small. Walls need some painting to cover up water marks.
Published 08/27/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Bahamas Celebration Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?