Seabourn Quest Cruise Review by Tropicalkwek: It's Seabourn only for us from now!

Tropicalkwek
Member Since 2012
1 Post

Compare Prices on Seabourn Quest Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

It's Seabourn only for us from now!

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

Spent 14 days onboard this latest addition to the Seabourn fleet with my wife. We had a super luxurious time! Almost everything from embarkation to disembarkation ran like clockwork! At check-in, we didn't even have to touch our bags. Our driver was directed to some hidden corner and our bags were unloaded for us directly from car to ship. Shortly after embarkation, ours bag were delivered to our suite. Then,
our suite stewardess came round with a glass of champagne and canapes as well as a selection of luxury soaps. What a way to start a cruise!
Throughout our cruise, all the staff were friendly and helpful. Many were outgoing and fun. The only crews who appeared stressed were the poor baristas coping with the hectic long line of orders for drinks at Seabourn Square. At peak times, the queue for drinks at the Seabourn Square cafe can get a little long. However, I commented on this to the Guest Services Manager in a form and he added another barista to the cafe More during peak periods. The staff onboard gave me the impression that they were out to please and the managers would act on reasonable suggestions.
During dinner, our waiters were hilarious and efficient. They added much joy to the overall ambience in the Restaurant. Needless to say, the food, wine and drinks were outstanding. Dinner at the Colonnade was more casual. We only dined there once and the Ribeye I had on 'Steakhouse Night' was heavenly! Restaurant 2 was also quite good but we preferred the menu in the main restaurant.
Being a relatively new ship, the suites were almost pristine and our suite was very well-kept by our hardworking stewardess. Not only was the suite functional, it was also comfortable and clean - a luxurious home for 14 days.
Activities onboard were enjoyable and the facilities were adequate. The cruise director is an experienced entertainer and looked after the guests well. This is a small ship, so we didn't expect big shows or a rock-climbing wall. But the shows were thoroughly enjoyable (e.g. a convincing Cher and Tina Turner impersonator; magic show by an established international magician). A waiter goes round each seat to take drink orders during the show. The back of the ship folds down to become a floating marina on "Sea Days" and complimentary watersports are offered. We had 1 sea day at Milos, Greece and we were able to take a sail boat out for a short sail near the ship. There was also Banana Boat, water-skiing, etc on offer but we didn't use them because we spent almost all the time sailing. The floating platform is certainly one of the best things about Seabourn ships. The gym is state of the art with wonderful outside views - certainly a motivation for us to workout. The treatment rooms in the spa are gorgeous, private, and they have a great view of the outside as well. Calin, my masseur, gave me a superb deep tissue massage. On another occasion, my wife and I had a couples massage by 2 female masseurs but the pressure was too light and less enjoyable.
We sailed onboard Silversea Spirit last year and were making comparisons between these 2 luxury small ship cruises. I would say Seabourn beats Silversea because Seabourn's operations were 99% flawless but we experienced some major problems with Silversea that remained unresolved. Taking into account Seabourn's attractive loyalty programme and our wonderful first experience of this truly luxurious product, I doubt we would be sailing with any other cruise company in future. It's Seabourn only for us from now! Less

Read more Seabourn Quest cruise reviews >>