Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by bolityzo: Great Cruise Family Vacation - Royal Carribean Cruise!
Overall Member Rating
Great Cruise Family Vacation - Royal Carribean Cruise!
My husband cruised on Holland America around Mediterranean about 12 years ago. We haven't cruised since then until this past July cruise with our kids aged 11 and 9 with Royal Carribean Cruise.
I will start with the positives first:
- extremely friendly, fun and efficient staff from the cabins to the dining room and the activity staff
- very clean ship everywhere we went including our rooms
- great selection of food - from healthy to indulgent food
- one stop is Bermuda - our first time there, beautiful place. We didn't use any excursion through the ship. The public bus and ferry office was at the dock. We bought a 2-day pass, going to beaches and Hamilton by the "pink bus" and ferry. Bermuda itself is worth another visit.
- check-in and check-out very easy. Baltimore is only 45 minutes from us so this saves a lot of time and money without needing to fly to another port.
- despite the ship was fully cooked, never felt crowded; did learn that you More needed to go to the theater for any movie or live show 30 minutes earlier if you wanted to get good seats
- very attentive staff at the Rock Wall & Jumping - felt safe when our kids did those activities
- will NEVER book a cruise with Expedia again. We were supposed to get 2 adjoining rooms for our party of 4. At the end, they got us 2 rooms sharing a common wall but actually 'back to back' and totally different hallways. My husband and I had to split up staying with the kids at night. We called Expedia about their error. Ship was fully booked so we're not able to change the reservation. They gave us credit of $200 (I rather had the adjoining rooms instead) after they blamed us for not double checking when we booked, we then escalated to their supervisor. I called RCL and they said since we booked through Expedia, there's nothing they could do. The rooms were further apart than we thought but we decided not to let it ruin our vacation and stew over it.
- pools on the ship were smaller than expected; but at night, was less crowded.
I spoke with our cruisers ... For those who have cruised the newer and bigger ships, they all said Enchantment of the Seas was very good for its class especially food selection and staff. However, other bigger and newer ships have more activities. For us, the ship is big enough since it is our first family cruise. Our kids were in awe. I think it may be hard for teenagers ... (not sure) great for elementary and middle school age kids. When we cruised Holland America many years ago, it was a more formal cruise and mainly for adults. This is much better for us with the kids. Less
Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Enchantment of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: M Inside Stateroom
Our family of four stayed in two separate cabins. Have a total of 5 suitcases (small to medium size) and a violin. Enough space to stow the suitcases and enough closet space to hang our clothes. Need to use ALL drawers. After we packed and organized, the space was comfortable. Restroom was tiny but manageable. TV worked well. No coffee maker. Very quiet.Read All Inside Stateroom (M) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
X Summit to Bermuda 8/14/16 - ...
We loved Bermuda and would go ...
Not what it used to be!!!
Prepare for lines and mediocri...
A great first experience for m...
End of Summer Vacation
Great get-away for our 30th an...
Girl Scout troop taking our fi...