Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by trip4u: Nice Short Getaway

Nice Short Getaway

Sail Date: August 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Embarkation was very smooth for us. Long check in line but that's to be expected with a big ship. All the check-in counters were manned. Their computer did go down after we checked in so we were delayed in departing Long Beach.
The ship is in pretty good condition for doing this 2 times a week.
The Cruise Director was one of the better ones we've had. Very personable.
We went cheaply on this so we got an inside cabin. I slept the best I ever have on my 40+ cruises. The bed was very comfortable. Only thing I didn't like in the cabin was that there was no refrigerator. So we had to make to with the ice bucket for our wine we brought onboard. Our room steward Leo was great.
The best thing Carnival has done is put in the "Punchliner" showroom. The comedians they have had have been great. The family shows have been very funny and the "adult" shows have been hilarious.
The only complaint I have on the cruise was our dining room waiter and assistant More seemed to want to rush us out of the room each night. It was probably the worst of our past cruises. Didn't like them putting down the entree while we were still on the salad course.
Disembarkation was a hassle though. There was no crew member organizing the line for getting off. So people were cutting, making unhappy disembarkers. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration Interior Main U23

Good closet space, quiet location, no refrigeration-ask for ice bucket. Easily get to all the public areas.

Didn't take a tour, just walked around. Catalina is a very nice, walkable city.

Winery Tour

(5.5)
Ensenada is a really nice, clean and safe city. They have really cleaned it up. We took a private trip to the wine country. Just the driver/guide, my husband and I and 2 gentlemen from Guadalajara in a SUV. It went to 4 very small, boutique wineries. It was supposed to be a 5 hour tour but it went 7 hours so we really got our monies worth. The tour was cheaper than Carnival's, lasted 3 hours longer and went to 2 more wineries. Fantastic, personal service. Shore Excursions Group also guarantees you to your next port if there is a problem.