MSC Musica Cruise Review by Bella2004

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 10
See More About: MSC Musica Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Musica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Musica Deck Plans
MSC... Amazing
After a few weeks of full on traveling we were really looking forward to our relaxing 7 night cruise on the MSC Musica. Having been on an amazing cruise before with a different company, we had a basic idea of what to expect but we were blown away by everything MSC had to offer.

The boarding process was so smooth, quick and line-less compared with our last cruise. The cleanliness of everywhere on board was perfect and our cabins were amazing!

A lot of earlier reviews (made by people from one country in particular) have been complaining about the lack of English on board... Even though the English language was limited in staff members (which should be expected when you are traveling on an Italian liner around European countries!!), we found they tried and we had fun and joked with the staff with us trying to speak Italian and them trying to speak English. We had some great conversations with staff, in particular our waiters at dinner and the entertainment crew around the pool and in bars at night who seemed to come and find us because we were friendly with them and spent the time to talk to them instead of complaining about how little English they speak! We all had some good conversations with them and I'm sure if some of you had tried, you would have too. I just have to mention the person who complained about the BINGO commentator taking too long (a whole 60 seconds) to say the numbers because he had to say them in every language... that is one of our most memorable moments of the trip! We would guess the numbers and to this day, over a year later, we still echo the commentator with the way he would say and reinforce the letters of BINGO. Have some fun, your on a cruise does every thing need to go super quickly? I would suggest traveling on your own itinerary and time schedule if you are in that big of a rush.

Once again, a few reviewers have been complaining about the food and mentioning that only if you like Italian food then you would like it... When you are going on an Italian cruise you should expect Italian food!!! The food was absolutely amazing and me and my family love our food and don't eat anything that we don't enjoy. I can honestly say none of us (there were 5 of us) did not get hungry the entire trip because there was so much food to enjoy. The MASSIVE and delicious buffet breakfast and lunch, morning tea, afternoon tea, AMAZING gelato, and the 5 course dinners! Oh and don't forget the midnight buffet too where we went to many nights just to get another taste of that delicious dessert we had for dinner.

I know Australians are considered laid back which I'm not sure if it is meant as a good thing or a bad thing but some of you should consider trying it... you would enjoy things much more and see the fun and positive things not always the negatives.

I honestly could not complain about one thing about this cruise and can not wait for my next one with MSC Cruises!

Publication Date: 08/23/12