Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by popping champagne: You get what you pay for!

popping champagne
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Mexican Riviera Cruises

You get what you pay for!

Sail Date: July 2012
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

At the last minute we decided to go on the Carnival Inspiration cruise to have a fun romantic weekend trip. We were NOT disappointed. If you don't plan a head and read what is happening on Cruise Critics you might not know what to do. I looked at 130 reviews and it really helped me to figure out the best way to have the most fun with the few days at sea. First of all you need to have the best accommodations possible. We chose to pay the price and get a Grand Suite. It is not as grand as many other cruises but it is still great. As VIP's we were shuttled through embarkation (approximatley 11:30 a.m.), so not to miss anything. We had access to our room at 12:30 AND our luggage was there. For the time that we were in our room, it was always clean I don't even think we met our steward. Which is okay with me because he did a good job.

The ship is old but well taken care of. I read reviews that it is like Vegas, but I disagree. It has it's charm.

Most of the folks do More not know about the Chef's Table. It is to die for. They only have room for 12 people but it is quite the experience. It is extra, but the menu and the knowledge of the chef was amazing.

The other fun thing was to take a tour of the ship (again extra), it is something that is not to be missed.

The gambling is really fun, I won the Texas Holdem tournament ($500) but did not do as well in the Blackjack Tournament ($20.00 buy in).

We went to the two shows that were very entertaining. We missed the lounge shows, as we were in the casino.

The food was good, the service really good. We ate only one night in the main dining room, one night pizza and the last night the Chef's Table. I would say that overall all of the other meals, breakfast and lunch were okay. We don't go on cruises to eat.

We stayed on the boat when we got to Enseneda, Mexico. We are from California and have been there several times. And with the problems in Mexico, we decided to lay out in the sun and go on the ship tour.

All in all, the trip was a lot of fun. The interesting part is that we were celebrating our anniversary and we were outside at the pool and realized that we were on this same ship in 1998 in the Bahama's. Too weird, but made the experience just a little more special. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration Suite Upper U69

U69, grand suite. close to the elevator but no noise. Great balcony, small suite for the price. no coffee pot or refrigerator.