Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by renaibr

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by renaibr
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: renaibr
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Family cruise on the Enchantment
Hi! This was my fourth cruise on RCI and the first time on the Enchantment.

I have also sailed on Carnival, Disney, and NCL

Myself, DH, and four children ages 18, 17, 13, 13 sailed in one oceanview and one inside cabin on deck four.

We drove to Baltimore from Long Island New York and stayed with relatives the night before the cruise. Embarkment process here was really nice and easy.

We were on the ship within 25 minutes of arriving to the port.

First day lunch in the Windjammer was impossible to get a seat with

only one venue open to eat and the amount of people. I was told that this cruise was sold out. The staterooms were ready by 130pm and an announcement was made to let everyone know.

Our stateroom was 4008 at the front of the ship.

I liked this spot because it was not too far from the elevator and a few floors down from the FUEL teen lounge and the pool deck.

I have to say that there were always chairs and lounges available on the pool deck during the entire cruise. Personally I liked to sit in the shade under the canopy outside of the kids activity rooms.

Meet and Mingle from Cruise Critic was on the second day held in the Spotlight Lounge. I liked that John Blair and Katrina BOTH showed up to say hello and say a few things before we had some snacks and they gave out raffle prizes. Wish it wasnt held in such a big room so more people got up and chatted with each other.

Crown and Anchor party was held the 2nd formal night and I have to say this was just a disappointment compared to other ships we have been on.

There were drinks and hardly any appetizers- the band that played though was really talented.

The staterooms are dated and both cabins had stains on the carpet.

There was a lot of storage with plenty of drawers in both the inside and outside cabins. My stateroom attendant was Soloman and he was great! We had a problem with our air conditioning as it was not cold in the room. It seemed that the air was not circulating and after the first night I was down in guest services to complain. Nothing was really done about it except for taking the vent off the AC. I have to say that Carlington Berry at the guest services desk is such a nice guy. He personally came down to my room- but it was third or fourth night already, to check out what was going on.

I was told there were no rooms to switch to, and was given a fan.

Not my idea of how I want to spend my vacation.

I had to sit in the centrum of lounges to cool off...............

We ate all of our dinners in the My Fair Lady dining room upstairs at table 43 and our server was Guilherme or Gilly!We had the main seating which was at 6pm.Gilly was really nice to my four kids

and made sure we had everything each night. He spent time with my youngest son almost everyday chatting with him and checking out his photos on the IPod of what we did each day. This to me is the best part of crusing, when my family is eating dinner and spending time together. we dont have the chance to do this at home each night with our schedules and there is so much rushing around.

Entertainment was fun on this ship and I really enjoyed Katrina the activities director and Sue on her staff. We did a lot of the trivia and games.

My daughters and I LOVED how the sail away party began- it seemed just like normal people sitting around the pool deck when the dance music began- but it was the RC dancers and they did a flash mob. Then they got people up to dance line dances with them. The 70's party the last night in the centrum was great and they really did a good job of getting people involved.

The production shows were Cant stop the Rock on the 2nd night and on the 5th night from Stage to screen. Also, John Blair the cruise director seemed to be involved more in singing and performing. He had his own show on the 5th night also with the Tribute to Neil Diamond. The headliner act of Matt Henry was the 4th night and two of my kids really enjoyed his act of juggling and comedy. He did almost the same act though at the finale show. I was surprised to find the Love and marriage show as cut down to a half hour- but it was still fun as usual. it was followed by late night comedy of Rod Long on the 6th night. we did not go to see the Happenings that evening in the theatre. Day 7 had Levent as the performer of comedy and magic. His act was a little cheesy and more for younger kids, but a nice way to end the day. The theatre does get crowded and we would show up about a half hour early to get seats. They also used the theatre during the cruise to show movies during day and at night. Some of the movies that were shown were The hunger games, Wrath of the Titans, Man on a Ledge, A thousand words. It seemed that the same movies were shown over the eight days at different times.

Kids Activities- I have to say that this is where I was really disappointed.

My kids are now 13, 13, 17,and 18.

My 17 year old daughter had the BEST time and met up with a few kids, I never saw her. My twins felt that the activities were always being held in the conference room so that the little adventure ocean kids could be in the FUEL lounge. I was told that there were over 500 kids on this sailing.

Many activities would start on the hour and be done in 20 minutes, the next activity would not start until the next hour. So for 40 minutes they could sit around and wait doing nothing or come back. Often the compass would state that they were playing a game or activity and it would be switched. Just seemed so unorganzied. My 18 year old son never met any other kids, and it seemed a lot of the older teens were with their parents. It was that the guests 18-20 plus would have meet and join in a game, but no one would show up -or a meet in a bar- and 18 year olds can not drink. there should really be a group for 18-20 even if it only meets once or twice a day somewhere to do something.

Ports of call were Bermuda, Boston. and Rhode Island.

Great ports with a lot of history and things to do.

We did not do any excursions through RCI and thought that it was awful of the ship to charge 19 dollars a person in Boston to get to Quincy Market. YOu can take public transportation or a cab for much much less. We went to the visitors center in Newport and did our own trolly tour from there for half the price. As a family of 6 I can not afford the RCI prices of the excursions.

Overall I had a great cruise, it was to have my family bond before my son left for his first year of college.I feel that my goal was accomplished and we all had fun. If you have any questions please contact me at Renaibr@gmail.com

Publication Date: 08/22/12