Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by EmmyLaBlonde

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by EmmyLaBlonde
Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Equinox
Member Name: EmmyLaBlonde
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: C2
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Crusing the Greek Isles
As we went port to port and saw the other cruise ships it was obvious that Celebrity Equinox was a far superior ship. The ship itself is mostly balcony cabins which are also larger than normal, with large bathrooms.

The entertainment was not always great, however, there were some superb moments. The equinox show itself was amazing and cirque du solie esque. I felt badly for the ships performs as they gave 110% every show, but their costumes were totally outdated. Shame on the company Celebrity hired to outfit them! Ask for a refund.

The cruise only had 2 at sea days, this proved exhausting. If you seek to book this cruise definitely choose this ship, but look for an 11 day not 10 day cruise so that you can get 3 at sea days. The ports are hot in the summer and lots of walking in the heat is required to view ruins etc, so at sea days are important to rejuvenate.

Out ships cabin steward was exceptional. We book concierge class, I would not recommend it, what you get for the money is totally not worth it.

I was disappointed that almost all of the ancillary restaurants had to be paid for. The dinning room food was exceptional, the cafe was so so. could have been better food. Desserts were also so so. needed more variety.

For the ports I agree the excursions were expensive, however, I did not know how to book privately so we book all through celebrity.

Favorite tour bar none was Naples Amalfi coast via boat tour. It also included Pompeii, which was impressive, but was a long day at 9.5 hours. I would have liked them to offer just the boat ride and lunch at the Castle. Be warned the castle is on a cliff so if you have vertigo look out! The lunch however was incredible!

The tour guides on each excursion was excellent. We also took the bus into town on Mykonos and do recommend that. It is a charming town. Others went to the beach, but we just strolled the town and found that a perfect day.

My favorite part of this boat was the glass blowing show. There are only 3 ships in the world that have this and Equinox is one. It was brilliant and we went to every show!

We will any time dinning with prepaid gratuity and I do recommend that.

The hot tubs weer not every clean. I noticed they did close them off one night to clean them, but daily there was a ring around them that was gross! Only real complaint

We did book the celebrity trip from the airport to the port and do recommend. It was quick easy and efficient. A bit pricey, bit worth it.

Publication Date: 08/22/12