Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by Blue jays

Cruise Date: July 2012
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: Norwegian Spirit Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Cruise newbies turned into cruise fanatics!
We just recently returned fom our mediterranean cruise with Norwegian Spirit. Currently on our 2 week post vacation and we are still floating on cloud 9! Had a phenomenal time during our vacation. it was our first time leaving our 2 toddlers at home behind,with grandparents and (our nanny), for this span of 2 weeks trip, and also our first in exploring western meditteranean, and also a time for us to rekindle, after life took over our busy lives as busy, career driven individuals. It was a perfect get-away, with all the amenities and more! Not to mention the combination of fantastic ports and destinations we want to see, in such a limited amount of vacation!

For such tech dependence that we are, the downside of getting wifi at the ship is ridiculously expensive. The wifi was relying on satellite, hence there are instances that I felt overly charged, with being extra cautious of saving my 100 minutes for 12 days at $60. They were generous with my concerns when I addressed all those minutes lost during the process of logging in each time. My priority was to see my kids through Skype and checking in at home. Nevertheless, Internet cafe's at the port were handy to have!

This is my hubby's first real sail ride, ( not counting a ferry or a motorboat). I was cautious in getting the right positioning of room at the ship. We were at the rear end of the ship, and luckily was upgraded from an ocean view to a balcony, realizing that the prices went down after I paid for our total cost. Norwegian cruises was quick to honor my request. As a result, this made us appreciate the convenience of having the balcony, and will most likely sail wit balcony rooms from now on.

The food was outstanding, and didn't even bother to explore the other restaurant (with minimal fees) as the complimentary menus from our sit down dinners have first class selections. The $100 promotional on board credit was handy to have, as it covered for most our alcohol during the entire ship ride, not much of heavy drinkers, but ended up trying various beers we paid during our stops at various ports.

Service is impeccable, and entertainment every night tend to vary from comedy, to magic shows to theatrical performances. Theatre's always full. Live-band music was always our choice of entertainment with dancing and variety of music. it seemed to have invited all ages of audience!

As it was my husbands first cruise, he was under the impression that this would just be a generic ones! I'm happy to get his feedback that he is hooked, and has turned to be a cruise fanatic. This exceeded his expectation and so much more. Now planning on our next one, debating whether to do the Hawaiian islands or the holy land. Who know we might even decide on both. Seeing that this is also a family friendly affair, we plan to bring the kids next time. (and if that, wifi will be ditched out of our ship expenses).

Publication Date: 08/22/12