Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by cruisergirl13

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by cruisergirl13
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Freedom
Member Name: cruisergirl13
Cruise Date: August 2012
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Freedom family cruise 2012
This was my 5th cruise overall and my 4th with carnival and may I start by saying it was great! I was traveling with my mom, dad, brother, and my dad's side of the family(uncles, aunts, cousins, grandparents). Total there was 14 of us, and all of us young or old enjoyed ourselves.

Embarkation was smooth and there was really very few lines. We had officially gotten on the ship by 12 and then went to eat lunch at the lido deck buffet.

Dining was fabulous! For breakfast we went to the posh dining room, except when we had early excursions where we just went to the lido deck buffet. Every day for lunch we went to the lido and either had the buffet or the specialty areas. I personally loved the grill, the deli, and the pizza. I didn't have an opportunity to try the Mongolian wok or the fish n' chips, but others from my group did and liked it. For dinner we had early seating in the posh dining room. Almost everything I tried there I loved. A few of my favorites were the bacon mac and cheese, the escargots, and the warm chocolate melting cake! Our server Danny from India was very friendly and learned everyone's names after one night! He was great along with the maitre d Constantyne, the hostess Patricia, and our drink server Vas.

The entertainment was so-so. The best show I have ever seen on a cruise was the freedom's ticket to ride Beatles tribute show. The singers Aimee and Edward were pretty good and the dancers were awesome! Some of the comedians were good and some weren't funny at all, in my opinion. Our cruise director Jacques was nice and seemed excited to be there. The assistant cruise director Steve was also good and really funny.

Our cabin was clean and our room steward Denis did a great job of making towel animals we had never seen before. The only problem was that our room was located right above the Victoriana theater, so we could hear the late show going on every night around 10.

All of the ports were pretty and had wonderful beaches.

We did not use the kids club because the kids were always occupied doing something else on board like bingo, going to the pool(which didn't get as crowed as everyone says, as long as you go early to get chairs), playing mini golf, and going to other trivia events or games. Though we attended those games we still never won that coveted 24 karat gold plastic ship on a stick!

Debarkation also went smoothly. We got off the boat after dining room breakfast at 8:00. We were in zone 2 because we had an early flight home. We found all of our luggage after searching through the bags without zone tags on them, as one of our tags must have fallen off during handling. Going through customs was easy and then we were on our way to the airport.

Overall I had such a wonderful time on the cruise with all my family and there was nothing I could really complain about. I will surely cruise with Carnival again because they truly are the "funship" cruise line!

Publication Date: 08/22/12