Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by scottsoxfan: Norweigan Gem ...
Overall Member Rating
Norweigan Gem ...
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Briefly, everyone has their pluses and minuses based on their individual experience. This was a mediocre cruise - I will highlight it to save you all some reading:
PROS - If you get involved with the games and see the shows like we did, you will have a great time.
- Cigar & Whiskey Room
- Price of drinks on average is less than a regular bar... between $6-$8 bucks.
- Freestyle was fine; no waiting time at all and we ate between 5:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. pretty much every night.
- Great Stirrup Cay - water was warm; beach was nice, white and the sand not at all hot (August!!!)...
- Entertainment: Comic Jeff Harms was fantastic - the cast was pretty good; 2 to Fly was pretty boring considering the Olympics were just on; that and there are better acts on America's Got Talent; Second City Actors - fantastic!!
- Trivia; Name That Tune...all of those type games... great fun for me, but maybe not for everybody.
- Embarkation and debarkation More process...EXCELLENT!
- Alcohol prices on the ship are good...lot of savings here...
- Enjoyed Cricket although I had no idea what the rules were/are...even after a Brit tried to explain it to me...
- Service on the cruise is spotty...mostly good; most have smiles; pleasant, etc.
- The buffet food was better than the sit down dining...it wasn't that it was bad...it just wasn't that good.
- We tried the French Restaurant and paid the add'l, nothing to write home about...
- We did the Murder Mystery Lunch; Loved the acting...the food was NOT good for this one.
- Nassau, Bahamas sucks; it's rundown...as soon as you get off the boat, you are attacked by taxi drivers looking for $$$$...other than Atlantis which is beautiful.
- We had a Balcony...the room is way way way too small!!! Bed is ok; TV is too small Less
Read more Norwegian Gem cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Gem Review >>
Cabin review: BC9546 Balcony
Cabin VERY small; balcony was ok; quiet...Read All Balcony (BC) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure
Majesty is just fine; We were ...
Above and beyond a Carnival cr...
Will Cruise on the Ecstasy Aga...
Very smelly ship
Plumbing issue does not preven...
Great Family Cruise to Canada
Classy ship, Nice people, plea...
Stay away From NCL HORROR TRIP