Briefly, everyone has their pluses and minuses based on their individual experience. This was a mediocre cruise - I will highlight it to save you all some reading:
PROS - If you get involved with the games and see the shows like we did, you will have a great time.
- Cigar & Whiskey Room
- Price of drinks on average is less than a regular bar... between $6-$8 bucks.
- Freestyle was fine; no waiting time at all and we ate between 5:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. pretty much every night.
- Great Stirrup Cay - water was warm; beach was nice, white and the sand not at all hot (August!!!)...
- Entertainment: Comic Jeff Harms was fantastic - the cast was pretty good; 2 to Fly was pretty boring considering the Olympics were just on; that and there are better acts on America's Got Talent; Second City Actors - fantastic!!
- Trivia; Name That Tune...all of those type games... great fun for me, but maybe not for everybody.
- Embarkation and debarkation process...EXCELLENT!
- Alcohol prices on the ship are good...lot of savings here...
- Enjoyed Cricket although I had no idea what the rules were/are...even after a Brit tried to explain it to me...
- Service on the cruise is spotty...mostly good; most have smiles; pleasant, etc.
- The buffet food was better than the sit down dining...it wasn't that it was bad...it just wasn't that good.
- We tried the French Restaurant and paid the add'l, nothing to write home about...
- We did the Murder Mystery Lunch; Loved the acting...the food was NOT good for this one.
- Nassau, Bahamas sucks; it's rundown...as soon as you get off the boat, you are attacked by taxi drivers looking for $$$$...other than Atlantis which is beautiful.
- We had a Balcony...the room is way way way too small!!! Bed is ok; TV is too small