Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by pammi44: Oasis is one big ship!

pammi44
Member Since 2012

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Oasis is one big ship!

Sail Date: August 2012

I chose the Oasis of the Seas for my first ever cruise. I was looking for a variety of things to do on the ship, since we stopped at only 3 ports. The Oasis didn't disappoint with plenty of things to do on board. However, two of the three destinations, Nassau and St. Thomas, were not to my liking. We chose beach day at the Atlantis. The Atlantis itself was beautiful, but since we only signed up for the beach, everything had extra fees and it was Sunday so the food venues opened later and we only had a partial day at Nassau. We chose the 'St. John on your own' excursion from St. Thomas and after a nice ferry ride, they dumped us off in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do. We ran into several others who felt this was a complete waste of time too. St. Maarten was very nice, as we had a wonderful island tour and several interesting stops.

The ship was amazing. The size was astounding. We dwarfed the other ships at ports. The Cruise Compass was loaded with things to More do so you would never be bored. They had a nice casino. The pool areas were mobbed on sea days. Too much smoke. Could always find a lounge chair, though not where you'd necessarily like to be. Spa was very nice (had a facial). The service on the ship was excellent.

Food in the main dining room was fair. Chops and Giovannis were very good. Park Cafe was very good too. Windjammer was not to my liking, to put it nicely. Pizza at Sorrentos was okay. I frequented Starbucks a lot.

Comedy club was very enjoyable. The captain gave a fun talk on the last day. Wanted to do the ship's tour, but it was $150.00 per person.

Lots of things going on in the Royal Promenade and people watching was fantastic! All in all, a very enjoyable week. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>