Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by lovetocruise39

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by lovetocruise39
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: lovetocruise39
Cruise Date: August 2012
Cabin Category: 4C
Cabin Number: m104
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        10-12 2.0

Not bad for our first cruise
As first time cruisers we really didn't know what to expect. Reviews were mixed on this ship, either you liked it or you didn't. We didn't hate it but the next cruise we take will not be on the Imagination. Getting to the Port of Miami and checking in was easy. Once aboard the ship, that was a different story. They want you to go right to the Lido deck for lunch which is great except you and 3000 other people are lugging their carry on bags through the buffet. Not such a smart idea. Once we were able to go to our staterooms, nothing shocking there, small and cramped. My mother and my 2 children had a stateroom next to me and my husband (not connected). Their room was never set up correctly, instead of the bunk bed in the wall like I was told, my son slept on a cot that was partially under the vanity table. The room was not set up until late the first day on the ship (I had to talk to 2 different people). The staff at Guest Services certainly were not most helpful. Our 1st dinner service took much longer than expected, we did not receive our menus until 6:30-we had the 6:00 seating. We finally finished around 7:45. They certainly were not enforcing any of the dress code that was posted everywhere even on elegant night. The food in the dining room was fantastic, no complaints there. Our waiters at dinner were awesome...they remembered the kids names and what they wanted for desserts because it never strayed from the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake...YUMMMMM.

The pool is too small for that ship, my kids were able to go in for about 30 minutes the day the ship was in Cozumel because there was no one on board. We did the water slides, they enjoyed that. I just wish that all of the items in the water slide area worked, some items were broken.

Skip the cruise director sounded like a fun guy, but we only ever saw him a couple times (heard him all of the time). The assistant cruise director was always visible. The comedians were absolutely hilarious....definitely worth watching. The food at the buffet was great (except for 'France' themed day.) The kids loved being able to have ice cream whenever they wanted.

The full cruise day was fun, but for some reason there was no Waite staff on the lido deck at night like there was every other night. It also would have been nice if they would have done something on the last full day of cruising....but there was nothing... The ports were fantastic, just wish there was more time in Key West. There was only about 5 hours and did not leave enough time for an excursion and shopping. Cozumel was awesome, never made it from where the boat docked, the shops there were fairly priced. Wish we could have made it into the City but didn't want to chance not getting back to the ship in time. Both of my children were signed up for Camp Carnival and Circle C. The enjoyed going but they did not always stick to the schedule. My son was supposed to do Break Dancing lessons on the day at sea and they never had it.

Disembarking was easy but it took forever because those traveling on the ship cannot follow simple directions. all in all...it was worth the price but I would definitely sail on a newer ship in the future. The Imagination is definitely showing its age. The palm trees in on the Lido deck were never lit up at night and that was disappointing.

Key West was a blast, just wish we had more time to sight see and shop.Tons of shops with great prices. My daughter picked up 4 sundress for $20.00. We were also able to pick up the shirts that change color in the sun for $5.00 as opposed to the ones that are priced $25-$30 in Mexico or on the ship.

Awesome port...Can't wait to go back....so we can see the city. It was nice the day we were there because we were the only ship docked. Not fighting through crowds.

Publication Date: 08/21/12