Disney Dream Cruise Review by ditchchamp

7-9 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Officially blown away by this cruise!
We took our boys aged 7 and 4 on the Dream soon after it began sailing. I cannot believe the details Disney puts into its ships. We kept saying, "Disney thinks of everything!"

We had to limit our boys' time at the Kids Club only because we wanted to spend some time with them too! They would have happily stayed and played there from sunrise til bedtime every day. We didn't even get off the ship at Nassau, the boys wanted to explore the ship all day long.

They loved the pool and slide area. They loved the food at the buffet. We loved the dining, our servers who remembered how our boys liked their food (they only like to drink water, the youngest loves ketchup, the oldest doesn't like any kind of sauce), we loved how the children could eat with us then be whisked away to play while we finished our meal just the two of us.

We only went to one of the shows and it literally brought me (and I think most mothers there) to tears! The Golden Mickeys. It was truly magical.

I can't believe how many wonderful experiences we had in 4 short days! The mini-putt, the boys making flubber getting to wear little lab coats in the Lab, our AMAZING day at Castaway Cay, my husband and I finally getting up the guts to do Karaoke one night (and, we were told we were the first to do so on the Dream! We felt honored although our that ship deserved better singing than what we were able to provide). We loved the free soft drinks, the towels always quickly available (and not being terrified that someone might accidentally take one of ours while we were in the pool and incur a $20 fee, as most cruise lines do).

I can't stop raving about DCL to all of our friends, and have booked a longer cruise for November on the Fantasy with my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and their children. We have been impatiently waiting for our cruise date to arrive. Disney may cost a bit more but you see where your money goes... into the quality, the surprises, and the memories!

Publication Date: 08/21/12