Carnival Valor 5

“Great vacation on the Valor 08/12/2012”
Cruise review of Carnival Valor

Family Vacation Planner
Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

We had a great time on the Valor! We had two rooms with balconies, which were wonderful! Balconies are a must for future trips. We took advantage of some fun excursions and enjoyed each of the ports. We rented a 6 seater electric car in Key West which allowed us to explore more than we could on foot. We snorkeled in Grand Caymen, and climbed a waterfall and swam with dolphins in Jamaica. We had an amazing experience at each port! I think everyone on the ship would agree that the stops at each port were too short. We didn't get a full day in at any of the ports and that was disappointing.

Our dining team was exceptionally attentive, we had the late dining in the Washington Dining Room. Our wait staff greeted us by name each night,treated us like great friends, and made wonderful recommendations. We were sad that our trip was ending and we hugged them goodbye on our last night! The food was fine, I didn't have to cook or clean up, so what could be so bad?

My only More complaint about the entire trip had nothing to do with the ship or crew, but rather with our fellow travelers. Young kids running and screaming down the halls, slamming doors, swimming in the hot tub, and smearing food in the elevators was too common. We will book our next trip when school is in session. Less

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: August 2012
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8C8277
Spacious room, nice bath, wonderful balcony, great location near elevator

Snorkeling
The crew was great, however, there wasn't much to see under water. Very bland!

We rented an electric car which allowed us to explore the island more. Once you've seen enough t-shirts and bars, I would recommend going to Fort Zachary for swimming, the water was beautiful and there's a small cafe that sells hot dogs, burgers, soda, beer, etc.
Read 1090 Key West Reviews

I think my family thought I was trying to kill them when we first saw what we were expected to climb....at the end, everyone was soaking wet, laughing, and exclaiming they loved the experience!! We would definitely do this excursion again!

Dolphin Encounter
Definitely recommend this excursion!! Our dolphin Alex was amazing. We were instructed on the different hand signals that prompted her to do tricks for us and then we were pulled along by her at the end of our encounter. FUN! It was an experience that will stay with me forever! The van ride to Ocho Rios was long but well worth it! Our tour guide Roselyn was entertaining and a pleasure to spend the day with.

Published 08/20/12

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review

Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?