Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by lindseydeanna: The good, the bad, and the ugly

lindseydeanna
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Eastern Caribbean Cruises

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Sail Date: August 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans

I have sailed with Carnival twice prior to this cruise and both cruises were amazing. I read reviews prior to cruising on the Conquest and rolled my eyes at the negative comments thinking that the naysayers leaving the reviews were just really picky but after my families week on the conquest I can see where those people were coming from.

Embarkment day- the New Orleans port was very easy and took no more than 20 minutes for our family of five to be checked in. We arrived early so im sure that had something to do with it. Overall I was very impressed.

The bad: My parents and brother had a balcony on the 9th floor ( room 9258) as soon as my dad walked in the heat of the room almost knocked him over! There was a leak in one of the pipes making it impossible to cool off the room. Guest services was a nightmare. They brought in a tiny fan and basically told my dad that it wasn't their problem. After two days and lots of complaining they finally sent a mechanic to fix the More problem. They ended up giving my father $60 dollars for having to spend 2 days in a hot room.

Second complaint: We had late seating in the beautiful Monet dining room. The fancy dinners have always been one my families favorite parts of the cruise because it's so relaxing and in the past our waitstaff have always been so marvelous but this was definitely not the case. The waiters in charge of our tables were so rude and didn't even ask our names the whole trip. When we said hello Vladimer, the head waiter, during breakfast one morning he gave us a shrug and proceeded to walk away without even muttering hello. I couldn't believe how rude he was. We went to the Monet dining room only three nights because of how rude the waiters are and how slow they were! One night it took over 2 1/2 hours to get our full course and by the time we got out entrees they were all cold. After that we decided that we would just stick to the buffet and room service

Third Cmplaint: Carnival has always been bad about trying to get you to spend tons of money on the ship but this time was outrageous! One day my mom and I were laying out and we were asked over 20 times if we'd like a drink from the bar. In an effort to make the gentlemen leave I told him, " maybe later" and he rolled his eyes and said, " why not now"? It made me so mad that I couldnt lay out and relax without feeling pressure to buy something!!!

The good: Our room stewards were wonderful! My boyfriend and I had Jo! She went out of her way to be kind and even left us notes with our towel animals at night thanking us for being kind to her! She was amazing and kept out room spotless! My parent had Ivan! He learned all of our names in one day including mine and I wasn't even on his hall! He was wonderful! I couldn't say one bad thing about either of them!

Another positive: My parents found Barry in the blues bar the first night and he was hillarious! I highly reccomend him! He sings up-to-date songs while including the audience and definitely kept the room in hysterics! The comedians were great too! Especially Steven Scott, he was fantastic!

All of the ports on this cruise were wonderful! My favorite was Mr, Sanchos in Cozumel! Look it up on trip advisor and you will love it!!! Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Interior Lido 9252

My family heard wonderful things about Mr. Sanchos through tripadvisor and I am so glad we did!!! It had everything from hammocks to swinging beds to snorkeling to horseback riding and so much more! We did the all inclusive pass which was fifty dollars owe person but that included unlimited drinks, food, snorkel gear, a locker, pool bar, pool, beautiful ocean, and much more! It cost extra to horseback ride, parasail, and jet ski but it was worth it! They also have an inflatable course for the kids in the ocean that was awesome! I highly recommend it!
Read 3084 Cozumel Reviews

We went to the seven mile beach! Although the water was gorgeous, there were shells EVERYWHERE which made it nearly impossible to walk! The drinks on this island were $10 per drink and $12 dollars per sandwich, I wasn't impressed! If you're going to take an excursion I would definitely do it in Grand Caymen!

My family went to Doctors Cave and it was amazing! It was so clean and had everything you would need! The drinks were reasonable as well I think only 6 dollars per frozen drink! I highly recommend the sand smile. Sooooooo good! After spending a few hours on the beach we went and ate in the restaurant called the Sand Bar, it's right on the beach. My mom, dad, boyfriend and I ate a local favorite Jerked chicken and it was to die for!!! My 13 year old brother got the cheeseburger and fries and he said it was delicious as well! This beach is gorgeous! There are people from the restaurant who walk around the beach and take orders without pressure and deliver your food/drinks right up to you! The only negative was that there were some locals trying to sale seashells, produce, handmade trinkets. etc. but I felt no pressure. I loved Doctos Cave and Highly reccomend it!!!!