Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by lindseydeanna

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by lindseydeanna
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: lindseydeanna
Cruise Date: August 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 4E
See More About: Carnival Conquest Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

The good, the bad, and the ugly
I have sailed with Carnival twice prior to this cruise and both cruises were amazing. I read reviews prior to cruising on the Conquest and rolled my eyes at the negative comments thinking that the naysayers leaving the reviews were just really picky but after my families week on the conquest I can see where those people were coming from.

Embarkment day- the New Orleans port was very easy and took no more than 20 minutes for our family of five to be checked in. We arrived early so im sure that had something to do with it. Overall I was very impressed.

The bad: My parents and brother had a balcony on the 9th floor ( room 9258) as soon as my dad walked in the heat of the room almost knocked him over! There was a leak in one of the pipes making it impossible to cool off the room. Guest services was a nightmare. They brought in a tiny fan and basically told my dad that it wasn't their problem. After two days and lots of complaining they finally sent a mechanic to fix the problem. They ended up giving my father $60 dollars for having to spend 2 days in a hot room.

Second complaint: We had late seating in the beautiful Monet dining room. The fancy dinners have always been one my families favorite parts of the cruise because it's so relaxing and in the past our waitstaff have always been so marvelous but this was definitely not the case. The waiters in charge of our tables were so rude and didn't even ask our names the whole trip. When we said hello Vladimer, the head waiter, during breakfast one morning he gave us a shrug and proceeded to walk away without even muttering hello. I couldn't believe how rude he was. We went to the Monet dining room only three nights because of how rude the waiters are and how slow they were! One night it took over 2 1/2 hours to get our full course and by the time we got out entrees they were all cold. After that we decided that we would just stick to the buffet and room service

Third Cmplaint: Carnival has always been bad about trying to get you to spend tons of money on the ship but this time was outrageous! One day my mom and I were laying out and we were asked over 20 times if we'd like a drink from the bar. In an effort to make the gentlemen leave I told him, " maybe later" and he rolled his eyes and said, " why not now"? It made me so mad that I couldnt lay out and relax without feeling pressure to buy something!!!

The good: Our room stewards were wonderful! My boyfriend and I had Jo! She went out of her way to be kind and even left us notes with our towel animals at night thanking us for being kind to her! She was amazing and kept out room spotless! My parent had Ivan! He learned all of our names in one day including mine and I wasn't even on his hall! He was wonderful! I couldn't say one bad thing about either of them!

Another positive: My parents found Barry in the blues bar the first night and he was hillarious! I highly reccomend him! He sings up-to-date songs while including the audience and definitely kept the room in hysterics! The comedians were great too! Especially Steven Scott, he was fantastic!

All of the ports on this cruise were wonderful! My favorite was Mr, Sanchos in Cozumel! Look it up on trip advisor and you will love it!!!

Publication Date: 08/20/12